Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix -- Space problem -- File number limitation? Post 302111809 by shanemcmahon on Thursday 22nd of March 2007 11:23:25 PM
Old 03-23-2007
No df -i for this unix:

hkgrm1@root>df -i
df: Illegal option -- i
df: Usage:
df [-F FSType] -P [-kl] [FIFO | file | directory | special ...]
df [-F FSType] [-V] [-begklntv] [-o specific_options] [FIFO | file | directory | special ...]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root file system space problem

Dear all My actual root file system size is 1 gb, only OS installed . other than OS i did n't installed in this slice. but It shows 100% full. When try to create space , I couldn't find any files other than OS. What may be the reason? Help.... any one pls. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbaloo
2 Replies

2. Solaris

unix group file limitation

Does anyone know how to get around the unix group file limitation whereby you have a limit of 1024 characters when adding users to a unix group? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmillie
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size limitation of unix sort command.

hi , iam trying to sort millions of records which is delimited and i cant able to use sort command more than 60 million..if i try to do so i got an message stating that "File size limit exceeded",Is there any file size limit for using sort command.. How can i solve this problem. thanks ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Space Problem

I have a file which have 2 columns. chris doc,male test,female So in order to store the content of the first column i am doing this :- for line in $( cat $test.csv ); do FIRST_COLUMN_VAR=$( echo $line | cut -d"," -f1 ) SECOND_COLUMN_VAR=$( echo $line | cut -d"," -f2 ) ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
18 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting cells that contain a specific number only from a space delimited text file

I have this space delimited large text file with more than 1,000,000+ columns and about 100 rows. I want to delete all the cells that consist of just 2 (leave 2's that are not by themselves intact): File before modification aa bb cc 2 NA100 dd aa b1 c2 2 NA102 de File after modification... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number?

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number? Letś say the row number is r and the column number is c. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

8. AIX

Limitation for SFTP on AIX number of sessions

Hello. I am using AIX 6 and If wish to receive more than 500 files via SFTP, I get some time out errors. Could you please advise where is the limit for number of concurrent transfers setup in AIX Box or what is the limit and can that be changed? Many Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space Problem in Unix Server

Hi, I am having space issues in unix server. The free space is getting reduced gradually in my server. I gave the df -g /folder1 command to check the free space and it showed as 0.75 GB. I then deleted some files from the unix server and then checked the size of each dir using the du... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
5 Replies
PIPE(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   PIPE(3)

NAME
pipe - two-way interprocess communication SYNOPSIS
bind #| dir dir/data dir/ctl dir/data1 dir/ctl1 DESCRIPTION
An attach(5) of this device allocates two new streams joined at the device end. X/data and x/ctl are the data and control channels of one stream and x/data1 and x/ctl1 are the data and control channels of the other stream. Data written to one channel becomes available for reading at the other. Write boundaries are preserved: each read terminates when the read buffer is full or after reading the last byte of a write, whichever comes first. Written data is buffered in kernel stream blocks. The writer will block once the stream is full, typically after 32768 bytes or 16 writes. The writer will resume once the stream is less than half full. If there are multiple writers, each write is guaranteed to be available in a contiguous piece at the other end of the pipe. If there are multiple readers, each read will return data from only one write. The pipe(2) system call performs an attach of this device and returns file descriptors to the new pipe's data and data1 files. The files are open with mode ORDWR. SEE ALSO
pipe(2) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devpipe.c PIPE(3)