Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installation procedure of tape drive in OS ver 5.6 Post 302111774 by pressy on Thursday 22nd of March 2007 03:26:45 PM
Old 03-22-2007
hmm, perhabs there is a problem with the dynamic reconfiguration... could you reboot the server? ... then you could try to make a reconfiguration boot invoking "reboot -- -r"

gP

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun solaris Installation Procedure

hi, can any body tell me the exact installation of the Sun solaris........ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devotedsinner
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation Procedure of UNIX on a standalone pc

Hi, I am nil about UNIX and i want to learn about. For this i want to install UNIX 5.0 on my home pc. Anyone please tell me the procedure to install it. The partition and all etc. etc.. My pc configuration is P-IV, 1.7GHz 40 GB HDD With regards, Phani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phanikmv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

URGENT,URGENT- Need help tape drive installation

Hi, I am trying to attach tape drive to sun V890 running Solaris 9 on it. I have installed HBA(qlogic) in slot 1 of 0-8 slots and booted the system. I do not see HBAin prtdiag output. The tape drive is not attached to HBA. The tape drive I am going to attach is Sony AIT3. 1.How can I make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install tape drive on sun ver 5.9

hi, need your help mentors I have external SCSI tape DRIVE COmpaq 15/30 GB DLT and I dont know how to install these and how to view if it is working. I'm also have another disk taken form my old sun and I want to use these also but my problem how I able to mount. hope anyone can help me ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
9 Replies

6. HP-UX

Installation Procedure..

Hi, iam just starting to learn the HP-UX please help me about how to install the unix in HP9000 sever and drivers installation procedure. Thank you, Ramana.s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcseramana
2 Replies

7. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

8. Solaris

php installation procedure..

hi.. i need to install or enable php on my solaris server.. i have successfully enabled my apache .. guide me to enable php .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
3 Replies
reboot(1M)																reboot(1M)

NAME
reboot - restart the operating system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/reboot [-dlnq] [boot_arguments] The reboot utility restarts the kernel. The kernel is loaded into memory by the PROM monitor, which transfers control to the loaded kernel. Although reboot can be run by the super-user at any time, shutdown(1M) is normally used first to warn all users logged in of the impending loss of service. See shutdown(1M) for details. The reboot utility performs a sync(1M) operation on the disks, and then a multi-user reboot is initiated. See init(1M) for details. On systems, reboot may also update the boot archive as needed to ensure a successful reboot. The reboot utility normally logs the reboot to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), and places a shutdown record in the login accounting file /var/adm/wtmpx. These actions are inhibited if the -n or -q options are present. Normally, the system reboots itself at power-up or after crashes. The following options are supported: -d Force a system crash dump before rebooting. See dumpadm(1M) for information on configuring system crash dumps. -l Suppress sending a message to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M) about who executed reboot. -n Avoid calling sync(2) and do not log the reboot to syslogd(1M) or to /var/adm/wtmpx. The kernel still attempts to sync filesystems prior to reboot, except if the -d option is also present. If -d is used with -n, the kernel does not attempt to sync filesystems. -q Quick. Reboot quickly and ungracefully, without shutting down running processes first. The following operands are supported: boot_arguments An optional boot_arguments specifies arguments to the uadmin(2) function that are passed to the boot program and kernel upon restart. The form and list of arguments is described in the boot(1M) and kernel(1M) man pages.. If the arguments are specified, whitespace between them is replaced by single spaces unless the whitespace is quoted for the shell. If the boot_arguments begin with a hyphen, they must be preceded by the -- delimiter (two hyphens) to denote the end of the reboot argument list. Example 1: Passing the -r and -v Arguments to boot In the following example, the delimiter -- (two hyphens) must be used to separate the options of reboot from the arguments of boot(1M). example# reboot -dl -- -rv Example 2: Rebooting Using a Specific Disk and Kernel The following example reboots using a specific disk and kernel. example# reboot disk1 kernel.test/unix /var/adm/wtmpx login accounting file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mdb(1), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), fsck(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), shutdown(1M), sync(1M), syslogd(1M), sync(2), uadmin(2), reboot(3C), attributes(5) The reboot utility does not execute the scripts in /etc/rcnum.d or execute shutdown actions in inittab(4). To ensure a complete shutdown of system services, use shutdown(1M) or init(1M) to reboot a Solaris system. 11 Apr 2005 reboot(1M)