Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Hardware Configuration *I'm very new* Post 302111623 by johnf on Thursday 22nd of March 2007 03:11:58 AM
Old 03-22-2007
Have a search of ebay. You should find one or two 44P machines and even an occasional B or F series to. These will quite happily run AIX 5.2 and you should not have to pay much for the machine. As has already been said we need to know what your company means to run on the machine also how many users.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Configuration

Is there a command line that tells me the hardware configuration for a server, the server is BSDI BSD/OS 3.1 Kernel #2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CoastGuard1970
1 Replies

2. SCO

View Hardware Configuration

View Hardware Configuration is not an accessible option on the drop down list on the Open Server SCO Relase 5.05 Why would this be and how can I work around to get into it? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinitygirl71
4 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Hardware commands

Hi All, Needed commands to find Monitor , chassis & keyboard related information on AIX. Please please please help. Thanks VK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to know the hardware configuration on P595 LAPRs

The p595 have 6 Lpars, not all hardware resource assigned to 6 lpars. which command can list all hardware configuration on p595? Do I need go to each lapr to list? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hardware and Software Configuration in UNIX..

Hi, Anybody please let me know the command to find the Hardware and Software components used in any HP-UNIX or Sun Solaris UNIX server ? I need to get all the configuration of the UNIX server. Thanks, Rohit.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronix007
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.2.0 on own hardware -> i550 LPAR

We are running into a problem that we thought had solved but no go... We have multiple machine types but 1 AIX and 2 i550 (AS/400) with 4 lpar each. Existing AIX is an old (2004 vintage) machine with 5.2 on it for historical use only. Existing Power6 i550 running code that will used... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackb_guppy
6 Replies

7. AIX

New to AIX and IBM Hardware. Need some info

Hello all. I'm new to AIX and IBM hardware and I have a question around the configuration of the service processor on the power series. I need to know: 1) How do I get into the service processor from the serial console when AIX is up and running. I come from the Sun world and I tried all I know.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glenc2004
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies

9. AIX

Migrate AIX to new Hardware

Hello Friends/AIXgurus, When you have time, could you please look into below. We're planning to migrate AIX LPARs on to new Hardware. Requirement: Migrate AIX LPARs from POWER 6 to POWER 8 Hardware (*everything should run as is after the transition) Below is our thought process. Ours... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
pcilib(7)							 The PCI Utilities							 pcilib(7)

NAME
pcilib - a library for accessing PCI devices DESCRIPTION
The PCI library (also known as pcilib and libpci) is a portable library for accessing PCI devices and their configuration space. ACCESS METHODS
The library supports a variety of methods to access the configuration space on different operating systems. By default, the first matching method in this list is used, but you can specify override the decision (see the -A switch of lspci). linux-sysfs The /sys filesystem on Linux 2.6 and newer. The standard header of the config space is available to all users, the rest only to root. Supports extended configuration space, PCI domains, VPD (from Linux 2.6.26), physical slots (also since Linux 2.6.26) and information on attached kernel drivers. linux-proc The /proc/bus/pci interface supported by Linux 2.1 and newer. The standard header of the config space is available to all users, the rest only to root. intel-conf1 Direct hardware access via Intel configuration mechanism 1. Available on i386 and compatibles on Linux, Solaris/x86, GNU Hurd and Windows. Requires root privileges. intel-conf2 Direct hardware access via Intel configuration mechanism 2. Available on i386 and compatibles on Linux, Solaris/x86, GNU Hurd and Windows. Requires root privileges. Warning: This method is able to address only the first 16 devices on any bus and it seems to be very unreliable in many cases. fbsd-device The /dev/pci device on FreeBSD. Requires root privileges. aix-device Access method used on AIX. Requires root privileges. nbsd-libpci The /dev/pci0 device on NetBSD accessed using the local libpci library. obsd-device The /dev/pci device on OpenBSD. Requires root privileges. dump Read the contents of configuration registers from a file specified in the dump.name parameter. The format corresponds to the output of lspci -x. PARAMETERS
The library is controlled by several parameters. They should have sensible default values, but in case you want to do something unusual (or even something weird), you can override them (see the -O switch of lspci). Parameters of specific access methods dump.name Name of the bus dump file to read from. fbsd.path Path to the FreeBSD PCI device. nbsd.path Path to the NetBSD PCI device. obsd.path Path to the OpenBSD PCI device. proc.path Path to the procfs bus tree. sysfs.path Path to the sysfs device tree. Parameters for resolving of ID's via DNS net.domain DNS domain containing the ID database. net.cache_name Name of the file used for caching of resolved ID's. SEE ALSO
lspci(8), setpci(8), update-pciids(8) AUTHOR
The PCI Utilities are maintained by Martin Mares <mj@ucw.cz>. pciutils-3.1.7 31 January 2010 pcilib(7)