Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting formating array file output using perl Post 302111617 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 22nd of March 2007 02:23:57 AM
Old 03-22-2007
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
my @num = (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14);
for my $i (0 .. $#num) {
    printf ("%-8d", $num[$i]);
    print "\n" if (($i + 1) % 6 == 0);
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating cal output

Hi Gurus, In my Cal output i want to cut the date of 2nd saturday how tyo achive this. for eg in the below output i need that second saturday 13 to be cut. crypto $ cal January 2007 S M Tu W Th F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating output

I have a file proc.txt which contains the below one. Content-type: text/html <H2>No query</H2> infodba-marabou:/tmp => export QUERY_STRING="IMAN_server_report=full" infodba-marabou:/tmp => $IMAN_ROOT/web/htdocs/cgi-bin/iman > /tmp/proc.txt infodba-marabou:/tmp => cat proc.txt... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formating

Dear All I am stuck in one problem. Kindly help me. I am taking below mention file as input file and want some op file as mention below. Kindly send me all possible suggestion and query. Thnaks Jaydeep bELOW IS THE INPUT FILE: *** Connected to BSCANGR ***... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file formating in Perl

Hi, I am new to unix , I have a requirement for formating the input file and generate the output file as per the downstream requirement .. My application receiving a text input file having 4 field and my application need to check each field and if some value of a field is blank ..then it need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: julirani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating output

Hi all, I want to start a new topic on this matter I have this script, #!perl use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; open my $log, '>', 'log-external.txt' or die "Could not open log: $!"; print $log "Subnet,Static,DHCP,Unused\n"; open my $dump, '>', 'dump.log' or die... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating output

Hello Team i have a file with following data (as columns). I need implement a syntax like below for altering table ALTER TABLE1 TABLENAME ADD COLUMN COL1 CHAR(5) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT ADD COLUMN COL2 CHAR(5) .. .. ADD COLUMN COLn CHAR(5) NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Perl - Detect several file to be in one array

Hi everyone I have one question about using array in perl. let say I have several log file in one folder.. example test1.log test2.log test3.log and the list goes on.. how to make an array for this file? It suppose to detect log file in the current directory and all the log file will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove print formating from printer output file

I have a print file taken from the print spooler and I want to delete all the formatting leaving only the text. If you vi the file it shows "\304\304 ...." which translates into a printed line on print output. I need to be able to edit and pass this file to another process Thnaks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: petercp
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating output in html

Hi Guys, I was searching and landed up something here only. This is the code and I want the formatted html in email but that is not working, anybody knows the reason why? #!/bin/sh set -x DATE=`date -u` # Print beginning of webpage function html_header { cat <<END ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the Linux command output to an array in perl script

Hi I am trying to store the output of a command into an array in perl script. I am able to store but the problem is i am unable to print the array line with one line space. i mean i inserted the \n in loop ...but not getting the result. I have written like this #!/usr/bin/perl @a =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies
Num(3)								   OCaml library							    Num(3)

NAME
Num - Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Module Module Num Documentation Module Num : sig end Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Numbers (type num ) are arbitrary-precision rational numbers, plus the special elements 1/0 (infinity) and 0/0 (undefined). type num = | Int of int | Big_int of Big_int.big_int | Ratio of Ratio.ratio The type of numbers. === Arithmetic operations === val (+/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.add_num . val add_num : num -> num -> num Addition val minus_num : num -> num Unary negation. val (-/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.sub_num . val sub_num : num -> num -> num Subtraction val ( */ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.mult_num . val mult_num : num -> num -> num Multiplication val square_num : num -> num Squaring val (//) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.div_num . val div_num : num -> num -> num Division val quo_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: quotient. val mod_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: remainder. val ( **/ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.power_num . val power_num : num -> num -> num Exponentiation val abs_num : num -> num Absolute value. val succ_num : num -> num succ n is n+1 val pred_num : num -> num pred n is n-1 val incr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit incr r is r:=!r+1 , where r is a reference to a number. val decr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit decr r is r:=!r-1 , where r is a reference to a number. val is_integer_num : num -> bool Test if a number is an integer === The four following functions approximate a number by an integer : === val integer_num : num -> num integer_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds towards zero. val floor_num : num -> num floor_num n returns the largest integer smaller or equal to n . val round_num : num -> num round_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds off zero. val ceiling_num : num -> num ceiling_num n returns the smallest integer bigger or equal to n . val sign_num : num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 according to the sign of the argument. === Comparisons between numbers === val (=/) : num -> num -> bool val (</) : num -> num -> bool val (>/) : num -> num -> bool val (<=/) : num -> num -> bool val (>=/) : num -> num -> bool val (<>/) : num -> num -> bool val eq_num : num -> num -> bool val lt_num : num -> num -> bool val le_num : num -> num -> bool val gt_num : num -> num -> bool val ge_num : num -> num -> bool val compare_num : num -> num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 if the first argument is less than, equal to, or greater than the second argument. val max_num : num -> num -> num Return the greater of the two arguments. val min_num : num -> num -> num Return the smaller of the two arguments. === Coercions with strings === val string_of_num : num -> string Convert a number to a string, using fractional notation. val approx_num_fix : int -> num -> string See Num.approx_num_exp . val approx_num_exp : int -> num -> string Approximate a number by a decimal. The first argument is the required precision. The second argument is the number to approximate. Num.approx_num_fix uses decimal notation; the first argument is the number of digits after the decimal point. approx_num_exp uses scien- tific (exponential) notation; the first argument is the number of digits in the mantissa. val num_of_string : string -> num Convert a string to a number. Raise Failure num_of_string if the given string is not a valid representation of an integer === Coercions between numerical types === val int_of_num : num -> int val num_of_int : int -> num val nat_of_num : num -> Nat.nat val num_of_nat : Nat.nat -> num val num_of_big_int : Big_int.big_int -> num val big_int_of_num : num -> Big_int.big_int val ratio_of_num : num -> Ratio.ratio val num_of_ratio : Ratio.ratio -> num val float_of_num : num -> float OCamldoc 2014-06-09 Num(3)