Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: redhat-release examples
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat redhat-release examples Post 302111469 by vino on Wednesday 21st of March 2007 08:21:05 AM
Old 03-21-2007
Code:
[~]$ /etc/redhat-release 
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Dual Xeon 2.6, RedHat EL 4 ES, up to latest release version. 2.6.9 kernel

============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- Linux linux.hhc.ac.uk 2.6.9-11.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri May 20 18:26:27 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Start Benchmark Run: Wed Jul 6 15:06:07 BST 2005 1 interactive users.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garp
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice examples for beginners

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I have been go through many sites and ready the material for shell scripting. But I am not getting complete examples for practice. Can any one suggest me any site that contains lots of ready examples for shell scripting ?? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Awk and Sed examples

Hi all, I tried to understand what this awk and sed does but cudnt understand. Can any body explain what awk and sed means with one simple example each and complex examples each with explanation. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

/etc/redhat-release meaning

Fairly new to RedHat. Can someone tell me what the version that I am working on. cat /etc/rehdat-release shows Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 Beta (Tikanga) I would think that this is RedHat 5 update 4. I don't know how what Beta and (Tikanga) means. Is this truly beta code? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jj1dv
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Patch analysis tool Redhat Enterprise release 4

Hello I have been asked to provide a security patch analysis of servers in my environment. For HPUX and Solaris there are tools wich can be loaded onto the servers to do this. However I do not know of one for Redhat . At this point I must mentioned that the Redhat servers are behind a firewall... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmsmith32
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Meaning of /etc/redhat-release

Hello, Please let me know what is meaning of the Tikanga in /etc/redhat-release file? # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga) # Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuddusrhce
1 Replies
RPMKEYS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMKEYS(8)

NAME
rpmkeys - RPM Keyring SYNOPSIS
rpmkeys {--import|--checksig} DESCRIPTION
The general forms of rpm digital signature commands are rpmkeys --import PUBKEY ... rpmkeys {-K|--checksig} PACKAGE_FILE ... The --checksig option checks all the digests and signatures contained in PACKAGE_FILE to ensure the integrity and origin of the package. Note that signatures are now verified whenever a package is read, and --checksig is useful to verify all of the digests and signatures associated with a package. Digital signatures cannot be verified without a public key. An ASCII armored public key can be added to the rpm database using --import. An imported public key is carried in a header, and key ring management is performed exactly like package management. For example, all cur- rently imported public keys can be displayed by: rpm -qa gpg-pubkey* Details about a specific public key, when imported, can be displayed by querying. Here's information about the Red Hat GPG/DSA key: rpm -qi gpg-pubkey-db42a60e Finally, public keys can be erased after importing just like packages. Here's how to remove the Red Hat GPG/DSA key rpm -e gpg-pubkey-db42a60e SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpmkeys --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMKEYS(8)