Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removing files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers removing files Post 302111371 by Perderabo on Wednesday 21st of March 2007 02:53:30 AM
Old 03-21-2007
Then try this:
ls -l arch*.dbf|grep "`date|cut -c5-10`"| awk '{print $NF}' | xargs rm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Files

I am trying to remove a file so that I can delete a directory. Unfortuantely the file looks like this --------.--- and the system is not allowing me to remove the file. System message is rm: Error: Illegal option -- - usage: rm file... I have tried rm * and rm *.* to no avail. Any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blondie
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files

I have AIX 5.1 I was wondering how to remove a file name with a space in it Say {tb lsv.csv} ? When I use the {rm} command if you have a space it thinks it is a new file. So it looks for {tb} and {lsv.csv} instead of the name as a whole. Thanks in advance Dave By the way guys and gals the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Removing Files

Hi Everyone , have a nice day what will be the command to be given in certain directory which removes all those files present in that very directory which were last modified one month ago ? Regards and Waiting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dastard
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing files

Hi, It seems someone has created files instead of actually running the commands, as below: -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle92 dba 0 Mar 2 11:19 PRIML_070302.ok -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle92 dba 557 Mar 2 11:20 PRIVH_070302.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle92 dba 0 Mar 12 11:57... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing old files except configuration files and folders

Dear all, I want to remove files older than 2 months in the /home/member directory. But except the configuration files (like .bash_profile .config/ .openoffice/ .local/ .kde/ etc..) I have tried with the command find . -mtime +60 -wholename './.*' -prune -o -print -exec mv {} \; but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcalicut
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Files

Hi, This might seem like a really stupid question but i have created a shell script and at the end of the script i want to remove most of the file i create. So I have: rm file test sorted However this does not work for the sorted one. The only way i can get this to work is if i do: rm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz8146
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removing files

i have a directory that have files that contains word "spam", how can i remove all those files which have word spam. This code help me in searching find ./ -type f -exec grep -l "spam" {} \; How i will add removing option with it. If some one have good suggestion regarding searching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files

How do you delete/remove multiple files ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosuchluck
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in Removing the Old files

Hi Gurus, we are planning to clear the old log files based on the year and i need help on this and i searched in google and i came up with the scripts but i am stuck with this. (1) wroks fine How many files exist in based on the extension find -type f | sed -e 's/.*\.//' | sort | uniq... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi, I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script. script was return as follows. find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f find /cer_skyliv??/log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)