Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removing files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers removing files Post 302111371 by Perderabo on Wednesday 21st of March 2007 02:53:30 AM
Old 03-21-2007
Then try this:
ls -l arch*.dbf|grep "`date|cut -c5-10`"| awk '{print $NF}' | xargs rm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Files

I am trying to remove a file so that I can delete a directory. Unfortuantely the file looks like this --------.--- and the system is not allowing me to remove the file. System message is rm: Error: Illegal option -- - usage: rm file... I have tried rm * and rm *.* to no avail. Any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blondie
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files

I have AIX 5.1 I was wondering how to remove a file name with a space in it Say {tb lsv.csv} ? When I use the {rm} command if you have a space it thinks it is a new file. So it looks for {tb} and {lsv.csv} instead of the name as a whole. Thanks in advance Dave By the way guys and gals the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Removing Files

Hi Everyone , have a nice day what will be the command to be given in certain directory which removes all those files present in that very directory which were last modified one month ago ? Regards and Waiting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dastard
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing files

Hi, It seems someone has created files instead of actually running the commands, as below: -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle92 dba 0 Mar 2 11:19 PRIML_070302.ok -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle92 dba 557 Mar 2 11:20 PRIVH_070302.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle92 dba 0 Mar 12 11:57... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing old files except configuration files and folders

Dear all, I want to remove files older than 2 months in the /home/member directory. But except the configuration files (like .bash_profile .config/ .openoffice/ .local/ .kde/ etc..) I have tried with the command find . -mtime +60 -wholename './.*' -prune -o -print -exec mv {} \; but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcalicut
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Files

Hi, This might seem like a really stupid question but i have created a shell script and at the end of the script i want to remove most of the file i create. So I have: rm file test sorted However this does not work for the sorted one. The only way i can get this to work is if i do: rm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz8146
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removing files

i have a directory that have files that contains word "spam", how can i remove all those files which have word spam. This code help me in searching find ./ -type f -exec grep -l "spam" {} \; How i will add removing option with it. If some one have good suggestion regarding searching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files

How do you delete/remove multiple files ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosuchluck
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in Removing the Old files

Hi Gurus, we are planning to clear the old log files based on the year and i need help on this and i searched in google and i came up with the scripts but i am stuck with this. (1) wroks fine How many files exist in based on the extension find -type f | sed -e 's/.*\.//' | sort | uniq... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi, I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script. script was return as follows. find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f find /cer_skyliv??/log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)