Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to remotely connect to server using ssh Post 302111142 by strobotta on Monday 19th of March 2007 11:14:34 AM
Old 03-19-2007
don't forget to put a backslash before the @.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
system ("ssh user\@server $some_command");

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connect to server using ssh

hi, i have script that connects to a unix server. however, i want to add condition that if it cannot connects in 10 attemps, it will send email to me. while -a ${COUNT} -lt 10] ./connect to server. if status <> 0 then email to me. fi Thanks a lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to connect to server with ssh to check process size

Hello i have to connect to 11 servers to check the process size on every server. how to that with shell scripting using ssh regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect remotely to a unix machine

Hello, I am connecting on a machine equiped with Unix, via SSH Secure Shell. On this machine I am running a script and I would like this script to be able to connect to another (Unix) machine to run a different process. In other words: when I am connected on a machine, how can I execute a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for how to connect to a remote server by using ssh

i want to connect to a remote server through ssh. i have to also provide password within that script. after connecting to the remote server i want to do some operations like grep,cd etc can u pls help me to wite a script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SSH] Need to connect to remote server as different user and without password

I have a task requiring that USER_A run a script, which connects to HOST_B as USER_B and does not ask for a password. If I am logged in on HOST_A as USER_B, I can connect to HOST_B without a password, no problem. However, if I try running ssh with the command line "ssh USER_B@HOST_B" while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Totengraber
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

unable to connect remote server using ssh

hi all i am unable to connect remote server using ssh but i am able to ping the server ssh service is running. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect to my Linux network remotely?

Have - -3 HP Proliant G4P servers - Debian (wheezy) -3 RaspPI's - Raspian -Unmanaged switch that all 6 can ssh into each other with via eth0 -Router (w wifi and 5 ports) - on eth1 of the three G4p's of protocol dhcp Want: To let the six servers, in my basement run, since the HPs are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Required - facing error when trying to connect to a mysql by ssh to another server

Hi i am new to unix shell scripting i have the below requirement connect to server B and then connect to mysql in the server B and query for a particular record and capture that value but when i perform this i am facing an error can u guys help me on this:confused::confused: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamdul
2 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project