Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find and grep commands
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find and grep commands Post 302111069 by StrengthThaDon on Sunday 18th of March 2007 08:52:11 PM
Old 03-18-2007
They aren't homework questions per se, they're questions given in preparation for a test; so they aren't graded, but I guess ultimately you're the moderator and its your word against mine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with find & grep commands

Folks; First about find: when i run this: find . -name '*log*' -mtime +10 -print | sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' | sort -u i got list of log files but also get a directories (although directory names doesn't have "log" in it). How can i exclude the directory from the output of this find command? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep commands in loop

Hi All, Reference to my previous post I need to compare all the lines in the file1 with file2 for this condition if file1 {$3,$5} ==file2 {$3,$5} then grep file2{$1}latest date. need output in file3 10/04/2008 09/04/2008 09/04/2008 08/04/2008 can anyone suggest me Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep commands

I need your's help to display user with greep command form /etc/passwd 1. to display all login to begin and finishing with letter a or b etc.users admina bserb broota 2. beginning and finishing with the same sign etc. users aghata:.... roootr:....3. to contain what the least three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ViruS89
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

find grep sed commands homework

Use and complete the template provided. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to make as home work several commands with gerp find and sed 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: FIND command -use command find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViruS89
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 2 grep - commands

Hi, I need to know the difference between this commands: grep * *search* grep "*" *search* As far as i know does the 2nd command search for files which have a name with *search* and greps then all which have chars from a-z in the file content. But was does the first command?? Best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xus
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo and grep commands

Hey im new in this...anything will be helpful... The user will input the word or phrase .... I want to search the user input in file (by lines) but not all then with this line search on another file ( with the specific line) and show to the user. Example: file1.txt ======= a aa aaa... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sundown
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Wildcards used in find, ls and grep commands

Platforms : Solaris 10 and RHEL 5.6 I always get double quotes , single quotes and asteriks mixed up for find, ls and grep commands. The below commands retrieve the correct results. But , unders stress , I get all these mixed up :mad: .So, i wanted to get a clear picture. Please check if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Commands

I have a text file that has multiple lines in it with multiple dates and years. I was trying to figure out the best way to remove the line that had 2010 and 2011 to an archive file. We only need to keep the 2012 and 2013 lines in the original file. The following is a sample line in the txt file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smkremer
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ls, grep commands

Oracle Linux 6.4/Bash shell I have six files as shown below. Using ls/grep (or anything) , I need to list all files which start with the pattern stomper but not the ones which ends with 1. $ touch stompera $ touch stomperb $ touch stomperc $ touch stompera1 $ touch stomperb1 $ touch... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)