Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris /tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded Post 302111048 by frustrated1 on Sunday 18th of March 2007 03:47:21 PM
Old 03-18-2007
we have a few cron jobs that run every 5 - 10 every hour of every day.
They have been running for over 6 months now without any issues...
Not doing anything fancy, all using standard unix commands, mainly pinging other nodes or ftping some files etc...

Is there anything else I can check?

Also - can /tmp or swap be configured differently to help avoid this ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

file system is full : But df -k shows space available

Dear Experts, We are using Digital Unix 4.0d on Alpha DS-20 E. /var/adm/messages showed the following error Jul 24 19:58:37 cbehotbill2 vmunix: /BSCSprod: write failed, file system is full Jul 24 19:58:38 cbehotbill2 last message repeated 2 times But df -k showed BSCS_dmn#BSCSprod ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geraldwilson
4 Replies

2. Programming

File size limit exceeded

When i run my C program which dynamically creates the output file, the program stops after sometime and gives the error "File size limit exceeded" even though my working directory has space.Can anyone plz help me out. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: drshah
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Increase size of /tmp swap File

Hi Guys I need to increase the size of my /tmp swap file. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks Carson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmackin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size limit exceeded... SCO ulimit?

Hello - O/S is UnixWare 7.1.4 My prefered method of copying files between servers is 'rcp', which does not recognize symbolic links; therefore, files are duplicated many times over. To avoid this duplication, I would like to use 'tar' and/or 'cpio' and pipe them through 'rcp', but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
1 Replies

5. Solaris

swap space in veritas file system

hi every one , i know how to add swap space in ufs file system. but i m facing problem in veritas file system . i wants to know how will i create swap or add new swap space in existing swap space . Note: disk under veritas volume manager control . please help me to solve this issue . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samy123
5 Replies

6. AIX

/tmp file system full

Hi, I would like to know if /tmp file system is full, wheather it will affect the peformance of application installed on AIX. if Memory and CPU are not heavily utilized. Regards, Manoj. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris full /tmp - du and df different swap NOT filled

Hello all, The issue is # df -h /tmp Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on swap 4.0G 4.0G 8.7M 100% /tmp # du -sh /tmp/ 87M /tmp By now you probably will say that this is open file destriptor issue. Well no, nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: click
2 Replies

8. Solaris

File system full, swap

hi all I am having a t5240 server in that zone is there in /var/adm/messages i am getting the following warning WARNING: /zoneroot/zonename-zone/root/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded if a swap is getting full what can i do. Please use code tags next time for your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

9. Solaris

File system full - not removed: No space left on device

Does anyone have any advise on trying to clean up a full filesystem? I can't rm any files because of the follow: not removed: No space left on device Any help would be very much appreciated. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigsky
10 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Swap space (almost) full

Hello, This is RHEL 5.7. swap is almost full, but I am not sure, what to release and how to release space. This is production server so I would like to try all possible options before reboot. # top top - 00:18:26 up 327 days, 7:01, 3 users, load average: 0.16, 0.21, 0.18 Tasks: 782 total, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)