Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris CDE Remote Login is not Working !!! Post 302110975 by adel8483 on Saturday 17th of March 2007 04:52:56 AM
Old 03-17-2007
CDE Remote Login is not Working !!!

Hi ,

I have SunBlade 150 Workstation (Solaris 9), I installed the OS again then when I try to login to any server using ( Options > Remote Login > Enter Host Name)
after I entered any host name nothing happened just white page for 2 or 3 mintues then the login screen reseted to the local workstation. I am unable to login remotly to any server using the GUI. I need your Help Smilie

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE login vs. X-windows

Hi, I'm new to the whole X-windows environment. Need help please.. Believe it or not- I have a licensed "Reflection". I use the XDMCP host, and I can see 4 servers there. 2 of the servers are aix servers: one is ver 4.3, the other one is ver 5. When I open a session to the aix4.3 a large... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

remote CDE

Is there a way to connect to CDE remotely? Preferably using 'VNC'. I'd like to do this! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satinet
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

CDE remote login option (dtchooser)

Hello, how can I get a "remote login" option in the CDE login screen? My Solaris box offers that by default. I already found that this might be done by dtchooser, so I copied the /usr/dt/config/Xaccess to /etc/dt/config/Xaccess and uncommented the line * CHOOSER BROADCAST - but still no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ebbi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE Login Banner

I'm having problem with the CDE pre login banner. I configured the c/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources file to add my warning message: Dtlogin*greeting.labelString: My Banner I then modified the Dtlogin*greeting*fontList to display the message in smaller text. This did not work. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: equismorio
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Not able to login through JDS but able to login through CDE

Dear All I am in a strange situation where I have install the Solaris 10 5/08 OS on Netra 1280 server. When I connect it through my laptop so that I can take the GUI from xmanager. When I try to login as root or any other users also through Java Destop Environment which accepted it after few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Help with CDE Root Login

Dear Forum, I had this problem initially with HPUX 11.23, all users including root could not login via CDE or telnet. Then after some workarounds, it resolved by resetting root password via console login. After enabling back all users to login normally (via CDE or telnet), only root can not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: irda
4 Replies

7. AIX

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Canīt get a remote desktop login through CDE

Hi all, I canīt get a remote desktop login through CDE only with root user. There are messages in the Xerror file: /usr/bin/X11/xset: bad font path element (#0), possible causes are: Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions Directory missing fonts.dir Incorrect font... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0m3n
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not working with ssh remote login

Hi Friends, I am unable to run our application commands on remote server using ssh (passwordless login enabled). But the same command running with telent perl script. please suggest. SSH: C:/bin>ssh -l monitor tl04cp01 exec "/home/monitor/123" /home/monitor/123: viewlog: not found. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
7 Replies
fence_drac(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     fence_drac(8)

NAME
fence_drac - fencing agent for Dell Remote Access Card SYNOPSIS
fence_drac [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
fence_drac is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the Dell Remote Access Card (DRAC). This card provides remote access to control- ling power to a server. It logs into the DRAC through the telnet interface of the card. By default, the telnet interface is not enabled. To enable the interface, you will need to use the racadm command in the racser-devel rpm available from Dell. To enable telnet on the DRAC: [root]# racadm config -g cfgSerial -o cfgSerialTelnetEnable 1 [root]# racadm racreset fence_drac accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_drac can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.dell.com OPTIONS
-a IPaddress IP address or hostname of the switch. -c cmd_prompt Force fence_drac to use cmd_prompt as the command prompt -d dracversion Force fence_drac to treat the device as though it was for the specified drac version -D dumpfile Debug file of the telnet interaction -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -l login Login name. -m modulename The module name of the blade when using DRAC/MC firmware. -o action The action required. reboot (default), off, on or status. -p password Password for login. -S path Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. -f seconds Wait X seconds before fencing is started -V Print out a version message, then exit. STDIN PARAMETERS
action = < param > The action required. reboot (default), off, on or status. agent = < param > This option is used by fence_node(8) and is ignored by fence_apc. cmd_prompt = < param > Force fence_drac to use cmd_prompt as the command prompt drac_version = < param > Force fence_drac to treat the device as though it was for the specified drac version. debug = < dumpfile > Debug file of the telnet interaction ipaddr = < hostname | ip > IP address or hostname of the switch. login = < param > Login name. modulename = < param > The module name of the blade when using DRAC/MC firmware. passwd = < param > Password for login. passwd_script = < param > Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. delay = < param > Wait X seconds before fencing is started SEE ALSO fence(8), fence_node(8) fence_drac(8)