Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sendto failing "resource temporarily unavailable" Post 302110954 by Naanu on Friday 16th of March 2007 05:41:55 PM
Old 03-16-2007
Yes Reborg.
By buffer do you mean the tempbuf that we pass to the sendto() or is it the memory buffers associated with the socket. For the latter one, how do I find whats assigned and how much is being used?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable - What can I check ?

Hi everybody, I have an Unix box running Solaris and every day for 1 hour or 2 the box is stuck and I can only get this error message when trying to type a command : bash-3.00$ vmstat 5 bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable How can I trace what's is going wrong with this box ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resource temporarily unavailable Error In Socket

Hi, Now I am programming to communicate with some network printer through TCP Socket program.By sending command "\033E 1\r" to printer,causes, check the port for error normally. In my case i used following code bytesSent = send( sockfd, "\033E 1\r",sizeof("\033E 1\r"), 0); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavinsivakumar
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - search after line containing "unavailable"

Hi everybody; I have a file status.txt: Following 163 ports are up: ----------------------------------------------------- MOD PORT PORTNAMES ABCDEFG1 ABCDEFG2 STA TYPE 1 Prt122 port323-1/2/3 11111 11111 1111 A 1 Prt126 port328-1/2/3 11111 11111 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fork: Resource Temporarily Unavailable

I wrote a script that works most of the time but gave me fork: resource temporarily unavailable some of the time. I restarted my computer and now it runs fine but googling "fork: resource temporarily unavailable" and looking on the forums has not actually helped me figure out what exactly I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monstrousturtle
3 Replies

9. Programming

[ERROR:Resource temporarily unavailable!] Serial writing by termios library

Hello, I am using the termios library to write data that I get from a Bluetooth device to a modem via serial. The data arrive from the Bluetooth device correctly every 50ms and I have to bypass them on the serial ttyUSB3 where it is connected to a modem connected to a socket with static IP. The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi friends, Working on a linux X86-64 bit system, I suddenly started getting this error (mentioned in subject) from various scripts. I googled, found that there are couple of reason which causes this issue. - less memory I am pretty sure, memory seems to be stable on my system and at the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
15 Replies
udp(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    udp(7)

NAME
udp - Internet user datagram protocol (UDP) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> The following is the socket call for AF_INET sockets: s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0); The following is the socket call for AF_INET6 sockets: s = socket(AF_INET6, SOCK_DGRAM, 0); DESCRIPTION
UDP is a simple, unreliable datagram protocol that is used to support the SOCK_DGRAM abstraction for the Internet Protocol family. UDP sockets are connectionless, and are normally used with the sendto() and recvfrom() functions, though the connect() function may also be used to fix the destination for future packets, in which case the recv() or read() and send() or write() functions may be used. UDP address formats are identical to those used by TCP. In particular, UDP provides a port identifier in addition to the normal Internet address format. Note that the UDP port space is separate from the TCP port space (that is, a UDP port may not be "connected" to a TCP port). In addition, IPv4 broadcast packets may be sent (assuming the underlying network supports this) by using a reserved "broadcast address"; this address is network interface dependent. There is no broadcast address in IPv6. Options at the IP transport level may be used with UDP; see the ip() reference page. ERRORS
If a socket operation fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: An attempt was made to create a socket with a port that has already been allocated. An attempt was made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. The socket is already connected. This error occurs when trying to establish connection on a socket or when trying to send a datagram with the desti- nation address specified. The system ran out of memory for an internal data structure. The destination address of a datagram was not specified, and the socket has not been connected. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: getsockopt(2), recv(2), send(2), socket(2) Files: netintro(7), inet(7), ip(7) delim off udp(7)