Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sendto failing "resource temporarily unavailable" Post 302110814 by Naanu on Thursday 15th of March 2007 01:58:16 PM
Old 03-15-2007
could anyone help please?!?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable - What can I check ?

Hi everybody, I have an Unix box running Solaris and every day for 1 hour or 2 the box is stuck and I can only get this error message when trying to type a command : bash-3.00$ vmstat 5 bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable How can I trace what's is going wrong with this box ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resource temporarily unavailable Error In Socket

Hi, Now I am programming to communicate with some network printer through TCP Socket program.By sending command "\033E 1\r" to printer,causes, check the port for error normally. In my case i used following code bytesSent = send( sockfd, "\033E 1\r",sizeof("\033E 1\r"), 0); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavinsivakumar
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - search after line containing "unavailable"

Hi everybody; I have a file status.txt: Following 163 ports are up: ----------------------------------------------------- MOD PORT PORTNAMES ABCDEFG1 ABCDEFG2 STA TYPE 1 Prt122 port323-1/2/3 11111 11111 1111 A 1 Prt126 port328-1/2/3 11111 11111 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fork: Resource Temporarily Unavailable

I wrote a script that works most of the time but gave me fork: resource temporarily unavailable some of the time. I restarted my computer and now it runs fine but googling "fork: resource temporarily unavailable" and looking on the forums has not actually helped me figure out what exactly I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monstrousturtle
3 Replies

9. Programming

[ERROR:Resource temporarily unavailable!] Serial writing by termios library

Hello, I am using the termios library to write data that I get from a Bluetooth device to a modem via serial. The data arrive from the Bluetooth device correctly every 50ms and I have to bypass them on the serial ttyUSB3 where it is connected to a modem connected to a socket with static IP. The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi friends, Working on a linux X86-64 bit system, I suddenly started getting this error (mentioned in subject) from various scripts. I googled, found that there are couple of reason which causes this issue. - less memory I am pretty sure, memory seems to be stable on my system and at the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
15 Replies
SOCKET_SET_BLOCK(3)							 1						       SOCKET_SET_BLOCK(3)

socket_set_block - Sets blocking mode on a socket resource

SYNOPSIS
bool socket_set_block (resource $socket) DESCRIPTION
The socket_set_block(3) function removes the O_NONBLOCK flag on the socket specified by the $socket parameter. When an operation (e.g. receive, send, connect, accept, ...) is performed on a blocking socket, the script will pause its execution until it receives a signal or it can perform the operation. PARAMETERS
o $socket - A valid socket resource created with socket_create(3) or socket_accept(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 socket_set_block(3) example <?php $socket = socket_create_listen(1223); socket_set_block($socket); socket_accept($socket); ?> This example creates a listening socket on all interfaces on port 1223 and sets the socket to O_BLOCK mode. socket_accept(3) will hang until there is a connection to accept. SEE ALSO
socket_set_nonblock(3), socket_set_option(3). PHP Documentation Group SOCKET_SET_BLOCK(3)