Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers making a recursive find more useful.. Post 302110610 by spanish_tony on Wednesday 14th of March 2007 05:48:44 AM
Old 03-14-2007
Thanks a lot guys, it was just what I wanted!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performing a non-recursive find in Unix

I need to perform a non-recursive find in Unix. Sounds simple, but it doesn't actually work. The command ALWAYS searches through the subdirectories. Any ideas? I am on DEC Unix :-( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christallott
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question: non-recursive find syntax

Hello, I am trying to search a directory for all files matching "G*" without looking in sub-directories "success" and "error". I've searched this forum and found the following syntax, but can't make it work: find . \( ! -name success -prune -name error -prune \) -type f -name "G*" Have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexkav
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive find and store

I HAVE A TEXT FILE CONTAINING THE VALUES 1.CPP 2.CPP 3.CPP 4.CPP 5.CPP 6.CPP I WANT TO TAKE EACH .CPP AND USE THE FIND COMMAND TO FIND THE LATEST VERSION OF THE FOLDER IN WHICH IT IS PRESENT. HOW DO I IMPLEMENT IT IN A WHILE LOOP I TRIED SOMETHING LIKE THIS WHILE CAT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Non recursive find command

Hi, I have question is related to find command. I want to find command should search in current folder only not recursive mode(sub-folders). I found a one way of, find . \( -name success -prune \) -o -name "Rajini*" How ever, my current folder is having lots sub-folders and am not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to sort directories after a recursive find

find -type d -name "TC_*" | sort That's what I have so far... it finds the appropriate directories and then sorts them. But, when it comes to nested subdirectories, it only sorts relative to the first subdirectory. I want it to sort based on the directory at the end of the path. Does anyone know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimsondarkn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive directory search using ls instead of find

I was working on a shell script and found that the find command took too long, especially when I had to execute it multiple times. After some thought and research I came up with two functions. fileScan() filescan will cd into a directory and perform any operations you would like from within... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newreverie
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some advice please on non-recursive find

Hi all, I am currently writing a find-and-remove kind of script that is to be used for Solaris and Linux. Currently am using the find command below that I is in find only current directory (universal) | commandlinefu.com This however gives me the "ksh: /bin/find: arg list too long" error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Non Recursive Find Command

Hello Unix Gurus, I am using the following find commands: 1) find Input_Path -name '*.' -exec mv -f {} Outputpath \; 2) find Inputpath -name '*.' -exec cp {} Outputpath \; 3) find Somepath -name '*.' Now the problem is my Unix version does not support maxdepth Option for find... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive Find on file size

Is there a way to use the find command to recursively scan directories for files greater than 1Gb in size and print out the directory path and file name only? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed - find command for recursive search

Hi All I have a requirement to find the file that are most latest to be modified in each directory. Can somebody help with the command please? E.g of the problem. The directory A is having sub directory which are having subdirectory an so on. I need a command which will find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
2 Replies
XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)

NAME
XkbNoteIndicatorChanges - Notes the changes in a changes structure SYNOPSIS
void XkbNoteIndicatorChanges (XkbIndicatorChangesPtr old, XkbIndicatorNotifyEvent *new, unsigned int wanted); ARGUMENTS
- old XkbIndicatorChanges structure to be updated - new event from which changes are to be copied - wanted which changes are to be noted DESCRIPTION
Whenever an indicator changes state, the server sends XkbIndicatorStateNotify events to all interested clients. Similarly, whenever an indicator's map changes, the server sends XkbIndicatorMapNotify events to all interested clients. To receive XkbIndicatorStateNotify events, use XkbSelectEvents with both the bits_to_change and values_for_bits parameters containing XkbIndicatorStateNotifyMask. To receive XkbIndicatorMapNotify events, use XkbSelectEvents with XkbIndicatorMapNotifyMask. To receive events for only specific indicators, use XkbSelectEventDetails. Set the event_type parameter to XkbIndicatorStateNotify or XkbIndicatorMapNotify, and set both the bits_to_change and values_for_bits detail parameters to a mask where each bit specifies one indica- tor, turning on those bits that specify the indicators for which you want to receive events. The changed parameter is a mask that is the bitwise inclusive OR of the indicators that have changed. If the event is of type XkbIndica- torMapNotify, changed reports the maps that changed. If the event is of type XkbIndicatorStateNotify, changed reports the indicators that have changed state. state is a mask that specifies the current state of all indicators, whether they have changed or not, for both XkbIndicatorStateNotify and IndicatorMapNotify events. When your client application receives either a XkbIndicatorStateNotify event or XkbIndicatorMapNotify event, you can note the changes in a changes structure by calling XkbNoteIndicatorChanges. The wanted parameter is the bitwise inclusive OR of XkbIndicatorMapMask and XkbIndicatorStateMask. XkbNoteIndicatorChanges copies any changes reported in new and specified in wanted into the changes record specified by old. STRUCTURES
Both types of indicator events use the same structure: typedef struct _XkbIndicatorNotify { int type; /* Xkb extension base event code */ unsigned long serial; /* X server serial number for event */ Bool send_event; /* True => synthetically generated */ Display * display; /* server connection where event generated */ Time time; /* server time when event generated */ int xkb_type; /* specifies state or map notify */ int device; /* Xkb device ID, will not be XkbUseCoreKbd */ unsigned int changed; /* mask of indicators with new state or map */ unsigned int state; /* current state of all indicators */ } XkbIndicatorNotifyEvent; xkb_type is either XkbIndicatorStateNotify or XkbIndicatorMapNotify, depending on whether the event is a kbIndicatorStateNotify event or kbIndicatorMapNotify event. SEE ALSO
XkbIndicatorMapMask(3), XkbIndicatorStateMask(3), XkbSelectEventDetails(3), XkbSelectEvents(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)