Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server running slow
Operating Systems SCO Server running slow Post 302110537 by Perderabo on Tuesday 13th of March 2007 01:32:02 PM
Old 03-13-2007
Do you have a sample of this output when things were all right? You need to check performance tools enough that you can recognize changes. I don't use SCO so I can't give very specific advice but the very high wio stands out like a sore thumb and the first thing I would suspect is disk. That mpsar thing seems very close to sar and so there probably is a -d option which you could try. How about iostat, is that available?

And check any error logs very carefully looking for disk soft errors. Disk drives can slow to a crawl when they recover from soft errors. If the disk is recovering from soft errors now it may soon fail completely. This is especially true of ATA (aka IDE) disks which I'm guessing you have.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris running very slow!!

Hi all, Solaris is working very slow as login to solaris takes time say after 10 to 15 mins we get the login prompt back after logging in as oracle account/other account. This causes most Batch run delays(DWHouse jobs) scheduled through cronjobs. Where should one look for such issues to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

SAM running slow

Any ideas on why SAM would take so long to load and initialize? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix is running slow??

All, This is my interview questions. Let me explain the question. Some one is asking me that, the unix server is running very slow. As a unix unix admin, what are the steps we should follow?? What/which process we should check?? What is the way to find the root cause ? Please let me know.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

4. HP-UX

Server become too slow

Hi, Since last week our server become too slow when we try to run application on it. When we run top command, it show as below: So it's nothing to do with heavy utilization, right? Can you give some opinion on what actually had happended? Thank you very much... :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

postgresql issues - system running really slow

Hi All, I'm new here. i was wondering if anyone could shed a light on the problem i am having. I use a system for distributing broadband amongst users of for example a hotel, the system was designed by someone in the US and it is based on redhat 2.4 (i know its old) and the system uses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clive306
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Slow while running a command for the first time

I am facing a performance problem on a Solaris 10 Sparc V890 server, it is an old one I know. The first time we realized there is a problem with the server, is the time when ftp transfers are made. There were 4 other identical servers doing much better. Network drivers are checked and there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
3 Replies

7. AIX

ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas )

Hello, How can I know if ORACLE Database is running slow due to Memory or due to processing power ? I have only Oracle Database running on a P4 with 4GB RAM. Could anyone suggest any tools which can help me determine exactly if it is memory issue or processor issue. (43 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
43 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu seems running slow!

Hello, My PC seems running slow: OS32 system, Pentium(R)4---2.40Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDI am running Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) alone in this box, which seems very slow to me. Is this normal? Compared with my other PC (Running XP) with 1.99GHz AMD Athlon 3200+, 2GB RAM,500GB HD, XP and Mint... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow Running Script (Reading 8000 lines)

Slow runnin script. The problem seems to be the sed calls. In summary the script reads list of users in file1. For each username search two files (file 1 & file2) for the username and get the value in the next line after "=". Compare these values with each other. If the same then output... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
9 Replies

10. AIX

AIX server running very slow

Hello, All the commands on AIX are running very slow. Below is few stats but I didn't find any issue in cpu or memory reosurces vmstat System configuration: lcpu=4 mem=6144MB ent=1.00 kthr memory page faults cpu ----- -----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies
TV_GRAB_IT(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    TV_GRAB_IT(1p)

NAME
tv_grab_it - Grab TV listings for Italy. SYNOPSIS
tv_grab_it --help tv_grab_it [--config-file FILE] --configure tv_grab_it [--config-file FILE] [--output FILE] [--days N] [--offset N] [--quiet] [--slow] [--verbose] [--errors-in-xml] [--backend SITE1[,SITE2[,SITE3]]] [--cache-slow] DESCRIPTION
Output TV listings for several channels available in Italy. The grabber relies on parsing HTML so it might stop working at any time. The data comes from different backends. This is to minimize blackouts in case of site changes but also to extend the number of channels. If the grabber can't find the data with the first backend it will try the second one, and so on. You can specify your order of preference using the --backend option. Currently configured backends are (in default order): skylife - grabs data from www.skylife.it mtvit - grabs data from www.mtv.it boingtv - grabs data from www.boingtv.it sitcom1 - grabs data from www.sitcom1.it raisat - grabs data from www.risat.it raiit - grabs data from www.rai.it iris - grabs data from www.iris.it mediasetpremium - grabs data from www.mediasetpremium.it First run tv_grab_it --configure to choose which channels you want to download. Then running tv_grab_it with no arguments will output listings in XML format to standard output. --configure Prompt for which channels, and writes the configuration file. --config-file FILE Set the name of the configuration file, the default is ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_it.conf. This is the file written by --configure and read when grabbing. --gui OPTION Use this option to enable a graphical interface to be used. OPTION may be 'Tk', or left blank for the best available choice. Additional allowed values of OPTION are 'Term' for normal terminal output (default) and 'TermNoProgressBar' to disable the use of XMLTV::ProgressBar. --output FILE write to FILE rather than standard output. --days N Grab N days. The default is 7. --offset N Start N days in the future. The default is to start from today. --quiet Suppress the progress messages normally written to standard error. --slow Downloads more details (descriptions, actors...). This means downloading a new file for each programme, so it's off by default to save time. --cache-slow If you use the --cache option to speed up thing when you grab data several times a week, using this option you will cache only the --slow data, so you shouldn't miss changes in schedules. --verbose Prints out verbose information useful for debugging. --errors-in-xml Outputs warnings as programmes in the xml file, so that you can see errors in your favorite frontend in addition to the default STDERR. --backend Set the backend (or backends) to use. See the examples. --version Show the version of the grabber. --help Print a help message and exit. CAVEATS
If you use --quiet you should also use --errors-in-xml or you won't be warned about errors. Note also that, as opposed to previous versions, this grabber doesn't die if it cannot find any data, but returns an empty (or optionally containing just warnings) xml file instead. The backends' data quality differs a lot. For example, mytv was very basic, yet complete and uses the least amount of bandwith. Skytv has a lot of channels, but unless you use it with the --slow option the data is not very good (and in this case i would be VERY slow). wfactory is a good overall site if you don't need the whole sky package. EXAMPLES
tv_grab_it --backend mtvit --configure configures tv_grab_it using only the backend mtvit tv_grab_it --backend skylife,wfactory --days 1 grabs one day of data overiding the default order (could also be --backend skylife --backend wfactory) tv_grab_it --cache --slow --days 3 grabs the full data for the next three days using the default backend order and using a disk cache. RECOMMENDED USAGE
tv_grab_it --cache --slow --cache-slow --errors-in-xml SEE ALSO
xmltv. AUTHOR
Davide Chiarini, davide.chiarini@gmail.com you can find some more help at http://www.htpcpoint.it/forum/ perl v5.14.2 2012-06-30 TV_GRAB_IT(1p)