Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple platform scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple platform scripts Post 302110442 by *ptr on Tuesday 13th of March 2007 04:13:54 AM
Old 03-13-2007
yes I know, but I want to launch my scripts in a normal form:
script_name.sh params.
Anyway, thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple scripts

Hi all I have a requirement where I have a flow like Script1 script2 Script3 Script 4 Script 5 Script 6 script7 where script2 to script6 will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usage of same variable in multiple scripts

Hi, I have a .test file which has: #!/bin/ksh export TEST_FLAG=1 In the test1.ksh i have: #!/bin/ksh . .test echo $TEST_FLAG When i execute the test1.ksh its showing the value as 1. But if i refer the same variable in another script, the value is not 1. Basically, I need to have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching of IP_add in multiple scripts

Hi forum memebers, I want know what is the grep command a IP_add or host in the multiple scripts in one directory. Thanks in advance. Siva Ranganath.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sessions across multiple scripts.

I wish to be able to pass PHP values between multiple scripts. In each script, I have the following before any HTML code: <?php session_start(); session_name("STORE"); session_set_cookie_params( 'lifetime', '/var/www' ); session_id('Gingy'); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple scripts using if condition

I have an if condition. If that condition is true then one script will be run and after that I need to check another condition based on the output value of first script. i tried like below : cd lock if ; then rm exitup if ; then kb_shutdown kb_startup if ; then rm exitup if ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charanarjun
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Multiple scripts at a time

Hello! I have a scriptA.ksh and in this script I need to call script1.ksh, script2.ksh, script3.ksh, script4.ksh and script5.ksh. But want to run in two batches like 1st script1.ksh, script2.ksh, script3.ksh, once all 3 are completed then script4.ksh script5.ksh I have given the syntax... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To run multiple scripts

Hi , Can someone help! I need a shell script to run multiple scripts by using single shell script, incase any one of the scripts fails, it should get exit and after trouble shooting if we re-execute it, it should start from the failed script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anniesurolyn
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Users - Multiple Scripts

Hello All, I have to restart 100's of scripts for at least 20+ users once the server restarts for any reason. I wanted to come up with a single script to trigger of all scripts/programs under all users with just one script (without root privilege). Is it possible to do so? :confused: If not,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)