Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help me with this tcsh script.!!!! Post 302110336 by kumarsaravana_s on Monday 12th of March 2007 05:43:35 AM
Old 03-12-2007
Hi Anbu

i dont know but your seems to just display file not found all the time...

let me make myself more clear...

1st folder = /space/dwland/all_files/

Now,this folder has files like xxx.<file_name>,bbb.<file_name> and so on

2nd folder = /space/dwland/prodland/

now this folde has files like xxx.<file_name>.<date>,bbb.<file_name>.<date>, and so on..

I want to compare 1st folder with 2nd folder(-minus the date portion,for the file_names should be compared) and display the files which are not present in folder 2 but present in folder 1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a perl script from tcsh?

Hi I am not sure how to call a perl script from a tcsh shell. do i need to set any environment variables? your help is appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh I can't get script to work :(

I have an export utility that exports documents from the native file to text. This is the way I would run it from the command line: expage "file" > "file.txt I am trying to loop through all the documents in the directory and expage them, here is the code: #!/usr/bin/env tcsh foreach file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
8 Replies

3. Programming

help wid C-script in tcsh

Hello Freinds I have just started off with Unix (TCSH) although I have a pretty sound background with C-programming. Kindly convey any error in foll script. #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> #define PI 3.142857 main () { float r, A; printf("Enter the value of radius: "); scanf(" %f... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh: not run script (if: Badly formed number)

Hello I have Linux Debian & tcsh shell. My mini script not run :(. Startup script displays a message: user@host:dir% ./test if: Badly formed number. script: #!/bin/tcsh -f #script check size files systems set x = `df -h /usr | tail -n1 | awk '{ print( $5 ); }'` set y = 60% if ($x... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moskovets
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with gawk array, loop in tcsh script

Hi, I'm trying to break a large csv file into smaller files and use unique values for the file names. The shell script i'm using is tcsh and i'm after a gawk one-liner to get the desired outcome. To keep things simple I have the following example with the desired output. fruitlist.csv apples... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Basic Query]bsh script in tcsh shell

I am a beginner (Just 2 days old:o ), i will really appreciate if you can solve my silly queries as below: Lets say i write a script like this #!/bin/bsh clear #to read name from keyboard echo "your name please.." read fname echo "you just entered $fname" exit 0 My environment is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh env setting using shell script

Hi All, I have made a file file usercreate.sh & it has to run in tcsh env & needs some path to be set. my script is as below. ########################## #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "/usr/lib/java/class" setenv LD_LIBRARAY_PATH ########################### but when i am ruuning my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in tcsh script

Hi All, I wrote a tcsh script, but being a beginner it took me lots of efforts and on top of that I am still struggling with little modifications here and there. kindly have a loop. Line1 : I want it to run maximum of "Max" Which I am providing outside loop. So how the "for" should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh complete (autocomplete) script

I cant figure out how the complete function works in tcsh. 1. I whould like it to complete after writing my_program.py with either start or stop. I have tried to do something like this in .cshrc.user: complete my_program.py \ 'c/start/' \ 'c/stop/' However i cant get it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_cad
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions in tcsh script

Hi, I have a shell script in tcsh to which I pass an argument, the length of which can vary. The possible values of the argument are the letters -c,s,i,q,a. and also a combination of these letters. (e.g: cs,si,ca,iq,qa,csq,acs,csia ..etc). The order of the letters does not matter. My problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaisakh P
2 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)