Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Modified : Alert me
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Modified : Alert me Post 302110279 by dennis.jacob on Sunday 11th of March 2007 11:32:39 PM
Old 03-12-2007
Hi,

One option which is coming to my mind is to make use of the "nohup" for this script.

Thnx.
Dennis

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File last modified

I cannot read the last moment the file was modified - it returns "Most recent access" instead: code: </td> <th><?FILE *fatr=fopen(iindname.c_str(), "r"); if(fatr){ struct stat statbuf; fstat(fileno(fatr), &statbuf); fclose(fatr); ?> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

who modified my file!!

Hi EVERYONE!!... Just a simple (yet critical from my perspective) doubt... I would like to know who had edited my file.. when I use ls -l command, I see my ID.. but when I edit using some other ID, I had expected that ID to be shown.. but still ls -l shows my ID only.. So, is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How many days since a file was modified?

I am trying to write a script to backup my laptop to a NAS drive using rsync. I want the backup to be done, only if it has been more than a week since my last backup. Each time the rsync command executes, I also create a file backuptime.txt file, with the time at which the script completed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandjayaraman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How long since file has been modified

how can I find out if a file has been modified less than 24hrs ago (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a file when the inode modified time of the other file changes

i have a requirement where i needed to change variable values in a properties file(first file) whenever there is change to Release details file(second file). My question is do i have to create a daemon process that always checks the modified time/inode change of the second file and then change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alert if a file has been modified

Hi , I want a script who will send alert the moment someone edit any file in a directory in LINUX. Can some one throw some light on this please.!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who has modified a file - History?

Hello, I'd want to know who and what time has modified a file in unix (history). I'd like to know all people who has modified a file. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurinolo
6 Replies
NOHUP(1)							   User Commands							  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from /dev/null. If standard output is a terminal, append output to `nohup.out' if possible, `$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use `nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report nohup bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for nohup is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and nohup programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'nohup invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 NOHUP(1)