Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to replace a text inside a file based on a xml key Post 302110173 by reldb on Sunday 11th of March 2007 04:15:18 AM
Old 03-11-2007
Thanks Guys
I found out the solution, it may not be short but its working fine perfectly,
if you any other shorter one let me know

# get the line no of unique parameter ie Number
lineNo=`grep -n Number $fileName | awk -F":" '{print $1}'`
# Next line no
lineNo=`expr $lineNo + 1`

# get the current value in next value
curValue=`sed -n "${lineNo}p" $fileName | awk -F">" '{print $2}' | awk -F"<" '{print $1}'`
nextValue=`expr $curValue + 1`

rm -f temp.xml
# replace in that line only, and create a new file as sed does not change in original fiel
sed "$lineNo s/$curValue/$nextValue/" $fileName > temp.xml
rm -f $fileName
mv temp.xml $fileName

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern replace inside text file using sed

Hi, I have a situation where I want to replace some occurrences of ".jsp" into ".html" inside a text file. For Example: If a pattern found like <a href="http://www.mysite.com/mypage.jsp"> it should be retained. But if a pattern found like <a href="../mypage.jsp"> it should be changed to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meharo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Text Based On Pattern

Hi I'm trying to replace text in a file based upon a pattern. The pattern I'm looking for is: <styleURL>#style0002</styleURL> <name>#######6105#######</name>The # are seven alphanumeric characters before and after 6105. I need it to replace that with this recursively: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text based on column

Replace these if the column is - p = q q = p r = s s = r input - PQRSSP + PQRS output - QPSRRQ + PQRS Some thing,like (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee_2010
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Filename and text inside of directory

I have a directory that has directories that contain Dir-20111114-xyz and I want to change them to Dir-20111121-xyz. Inside of Dir-20111114-xyz, I have a config.xml file that also contains the date that I need changed from 20111114 to 20111121 I have used sed to replace inside of file not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: icculus99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or perl script to replace XML text in bulk

Hi, I am looking for assistance over shell or perl (without XML twig module) which replace string in XML file under particular branch..example of code file sample.. Exact requirment : Replace "Su saldo es" in below file with "Your balance" but only in XML branch of Text id=98 and Text Id=12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashu_099
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and paste text inside a xml file

I have a really big XML file. I need copy the value of one tag inside another one tag. I try to publish one example. <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1">Rai 1</channel> <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +2HD">Rai 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
6 Replies

9. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find replace text in xml file on the fly

Dear Unix guru, I have a .XML file which is being used to load data to oracle. This file comes on unix box and one of the tag in xml is oracle key word. I want to find that tag and replace with new tag on the fly For example I will get one of the tag in xml is as below <from>Test Test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies
vodovod(6)							       Games								vodovod(6)

NAME
vodovod - lead the water from the house to the storage tank SYNOPSIS
vodovod DESCRIPTION
Vodovod is a free game, released under GNU GPL license. Graphics and programming are done by Milan Babuskov. This is an over-weekend project for now, so don't expect miracles. However, game is completely playable. The goal of the game is to reach the highest possible score. You get a limited number of pipes on each level and need to combine them to lead the water from the house at the top of the screen to the storage tank at the bottom. For each pipe water goes through, you get 20 points and if you fill the cross-pipe both ways, you get 60 points. At end of each level, you are awarded depending on the skill level: * Beginner: 100 points * Toolman: 100 points + number of pipes remaining * Master plumber: 100 points + 2 x number of pipes remaining Some of the levels have obstacles where you cannot place pipes, checkpoints through which the water must go and holes in the ground that slow the flow. Select HELP from the main menu to get more info. The game is playable with joystick/joypad: just move it and press buttons when you go to Options -> Configure controls USAGE
The goal of the game is to use pipes to connect the house at the top of the screen with the tank at the bottom. You have time to construct the initial pipeline before the man enters the house. For each level you get a limited number of pipes, so use them wisely. If you make a mistake, you can place another pipe over it. There are certain special blocks in the map: * Blocked Area - You cannot place pipes on these fields. * Checkpoint - Your pipeline must go through this field. * Hole in the ground - Slows down the flow. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://home.gna.org/vodovod/ May 2007 vodovod(6)