Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: w shows phantom user
Operating Systems AIX w shows phantom user Post 302110059 by xiko on Friday 9th of March 2007 06:10:16 PM
Old 03-09-2007
the output of "w" like :
#w
06:13PM up 36 days, 23:26, 13 users, load average: 0.13, 0.40, 0.54
User tty login@ idle JCPU PCPU what
test pts/26 Thu11AM 1day 0 0 -

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kill phantom jobs automatically?

Hello, now I have the following problem: I want to kill phantom jobs automatically every minute, for example with a shellscript. How can I secure identify, which process is a phantom job? I hope someone has a great idea. Thank you very much. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyberface
5 Replies

2. AIX

I created a phantom file now i can't delete it?

Ok, somehow i've managed to create two .ksh files with the same name. Impossible i know but somehow i did it by mistake... I was actually copying a file and renaming it as something else but as i was typing the copy name i hit the delete key by mistake and got the ^? characters in the file name... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

repquota -g shows USER only. Groups created are not shown

Guys , i have created diskquota on group and user, however when i use repquota /home i get the user names and the quota values all right, however when i set one for a group i cant check it with repquota -g. help pls (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Phantom space usage in /

Hi everyone, Got an interesting one (well, interesting to me) I have a box with a 5Gb / mount point. Checking for large files I found nothing and in fact when I did a full du I found that there was only 1.6Gb in use! And yet 100% used in / So there's an unaccounted 3.4Gb somewhere! The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keefbaker
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Phantom Protocol Configuration File

I've been trying to set up the phantom protocol just to try it out. I compiled it fine, but when I ran it I got an error that the configuration file wouldn't load. I found that file didn't exist, so I created it with a blank file, but got this: ./phantom Loading configuration file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Can't access my device DJI Phantom 3 which uses UNIX. Need Help please!

Equipment: DJI Phantom 3 I have the root and passwords access, but I cannot find out how to access the equipment. There is a USB port going to a miniUSB that connects to the equipment, but on Windows is detecting the connection as being a Serial Port (COM3). I need some help in order to gain... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobr3ga
5 Replies

7. Programming

Phantom Arrays in PL/SQL

Having issue with an oracle stored procedure that fetches 5k array size to an down stream application using oracle client interface. It is creating phantom arrays and keeps sending arrays that do not exist to begin with and congesting the connections. This happened when we upgraded from oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

• Write a shell script that upon invocation shows the time and date and lists all the logged-in user

help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies
uptime(1)						      General Commands Manual							 uptime(1)

NAME
uptime, w - show how long system has been up and/or who is logged in and what they are doing SYNOPSIS
[user] [pset_list]] [user] [pset_list]] DESCRIPTION
prints the current time, the length of time the system has been up, the number of users logged on to the system, and the average number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes for the active processors. is linked to and prints the same output as displaying a summary of the current activity on the system. Options and recognize the following options: Print the current time, the length of time the system has been up, and the number of users logged on to the system in the first line of the output. The average number of jobs in the core over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes for the active processors is also printed. When used with the option, the load averages for the processor sets (psets) are calculated on a core basis. Suppress the first line and the heading line. This option should not be used with the option. This option assumes the use of the option to Use long output. This option assumes the use of the option to Print the current time, the length of time the system has been up, and the number of users logged on to the system in the first line of the output. The load averages over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes for the processor sets (psets) given in the command line, pset_list, are displayed in the subsequent lines. If no arguments are given, the load averages are displayed for all the psets in the system. If pset id of an empty pset is given in the command line, a corresponding message will be displayed. If the kernel does not have the pset capability, gives an error. The option cannot be used along with other options except Use the short form of output for displaying terminal information. The terminal name is abbreviated, and the login time and CPU times are suppressed. Print only the first line describing the overall state of the system. This is the default for the command. Print a summary of the current activity on the system for each user. This is the default for the command. EXAMPLES
The command: produces text resembling the following: depending upon the current status of the system. The command: gives the load average of all the psets in the system. If 0, 94, 95, and 97 are existing psets in the system, the output will look like the following: The command: gives output which looks like the following if 94 and 95 are valid pset ids: The command: gives the load average of the system, producing output resembling the following: The command: gives the load average of all the psets in the system. If 0 and 1 are psets in the system, the output will look like the following: AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley and HP. SEE ALSO
mpctl(2), pset_ctl(2). uptime(1)