Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rcp not working
Operating Systems Solaris rcp not working Post 302109887 by shorty on Thursday 8th of March 2007 03:35:53 PM
Old 03-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhm4
verify that .rhosts and hosts.equiv files did not get removed. Also verify your rohst pam module is still there.
pam.conf
rlogin auth sufficient pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
Those files are still in place and the rlogin line in the pam.conf file is there. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

rcp logs

Hi, Can anyone help me to trace who has made rcp to a HP-UX machine? Is there a file that keeps such records? I know ftp's are recorded in /var/adm/syslog but i only need rcp.Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilkergu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

rcp command

Hi, Good day to you all. I am trying to use rcp command to transfer some files on the remote machine. I have already setup .rhosts on my server and on the remote machine. When I do rcp I get this error message rcmd_af: Lost connection Is anybody familiar with this one? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodapop
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regd: rcp

Hi, The B machine is using rcp method to copy a file to A machine. But it is not getting copied. Its giving the error as: remshd: Login incorrect. On A machine rhosts file has details about the B machine. Could anyone tell what could be done to make this work? Any help is appreciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP Failure

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp not working?

I'm trying to copy a file from a remote unix box, host1, to my unix box, host2. The first line of code gets the last word from a text document (this is the name of the file I need from host1) #!/usr/bin/ksh tail -1 Report.txt | perl -e '@arr = split /\//,<>; lastWord = $arr' rcp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

rcp command is not working in crontab

Dear Friends, I am trying to copy SAP log file from one HPux server1 to another HPux server2 remotely through one script. following command has written in the script. rcp -rp /oracle/PRD/sapreorg/*.dbf oraprd@drsite:/oracle/PRD/sapreorg Above command working fine from command mode.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Rcp issue

Hello, Could anyone help me in explaining what the below command actually means? rcp file_name user_name@ukpm01:cgiprod:file_name1 I know the rcp format as:- rcp filename username@servername:directory_location But what to do with multiple colons? I am on SunOS Solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubh05
2 Replies
pam_rhosts_auth(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros					pam_rhosts_auth(5)

NAME
pam_rhosts_auth - authentication management PAM module using ruserok() SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The rhosts PAM module, /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1, authenticates a user via the rlogin authentication protocol. Only pam_sm_authenticate() is implemented within this module. pam_sm_authenticate() uses the ruserok(3SOCKET) library function to authenticate the rlogin or rsh user. pam_sm_setcred() is a null function. /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1 is designed to be stacked on top of the /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 module for both the rlogin and rsh services. This module is normally configured as sufficient so that subsequent authentication is performed only on failure of pam_sm_authenticate(). The following option may be passed in to this service module: debug syslog(3C) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pam(3PAM), pam_authenticate(3PAM), ruserok(3SOCKET), syslog(3C), libpam(3LIB), pam.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam() are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. SunOS 5.10 28 Oct 1996 pam_rhosts_auth(5)