Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rcp not working
Operating Systems Solaris rcp not working Post 302109886 by mhm4 on Thursday 8th of March 2007 03:26:18 PM
Old 03-08-2007
verify that .rhosts and hosts.equiv files did not get removed. Also verify your rohst pam module is still there.
pam.conf
rlogin auth sufficient pam_rhosts_auth.so.1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

rcp logs

Hi, Can anyone help me to trace who has made rcp to a HP-UX machine? Is there a file that keeps such records? I know ftp's are recorded in /var/adm/syslog but i only need rcp.Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilkergu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

rcp command

Hi, Good day to you all. I am trying to use rcp command to transfer some files on the remote machine. I have already setup .rhosts on my server and on the remote machine. When I do rcp I get this error message rcmd_af: Lost connection Is anybody familiar with this one? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodapop
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regd: rcp

Hi, The B machine is using rcp method to copy a file to A machine. But it is not getting copied. Its giving the error as: remshd: Login incorrect. On A machine rhosts file has details about the B machine. Could anyone tell what could be done to make this work? Any help is appreciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP Failure

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp not working?

I'm trying to copy a file from a remote unix box, host1, to my unix box, host2. The first line of code gets the last word from a text document (this is the name of the file I need from host1) #!/usr/bin/ksh tail -1 Report.txt | perl -e '@arr = split /\//,<>; lastWord = $arr' rcp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

rcp command is not working in crontab

Dear Friends, I am trying to copy SAP log file from one HPux server1 to another HPux server2 remotely through one script. following command has written in the script. rcp -rp /oracle/PRD/sapreorg/*.dbf oraprd@drsite:/oracle/PRD/sapreorg Above command working fine from command mode.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Rcp issue

Hello, Could anyone help me in explaining what the below command actually means? rcp file_name user_name@ukpm01:cgiprod:file_name1 I know the rcp format as:- rcp filename username@servername:directory_location But what to do with multiple colons? I am on SunOS Solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubh05
2 Replies
PAM_RHOSTS(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						     PAM_RHOSTS(8)

NAME
pam_rhosts - The rhosts PAM module SYNOPSIS
pam_rhosts.so DESCRIPTION
This module performs the standard network authentication for services, as used by traditional implementations of rlogin and rsh etc. The authentication mechanism of this module is based on the contents of two files; /etc/hosts.equiv (or and ~/.rhosts. Firstly, hosts listed in the former file are treated as equivalent to the localhost. Secondly, entries in the user's own copy of the latter file is used to map "remote-host remote-user" pairs to that user's account on the current host. Access is granted to the user if their host is present in /etc/hosts.equiv and their remote account is identical to their local one, or if their remote account has an entry in their personal configuration file. The module authenticates a remote user (internally specified by the item PAM_RUSER connecting from the remote host (internally specified by the item PAM_RHOST). Accordingly, for applications to be compatible this authentication module they must set these items prior to calling pam_authenticate(). The module is not capable of independently probing the network connection for such information. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't print informative messages. superuser=account Handle account as root. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR The remote host, remote user name or the local user name couldn't be determined or access was denied by .rhosts file. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User is not known to system. EXAMPLES
To grant a remote user access by /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts for rsh add the following lines to /etc/pam.d/rsh: #%PAM-1.0 # auth required pam_rhosts.so auth required pam_nologin.so auth required pam_env.so auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
rootok(3), hosts.equiv(5), rhosts(5), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_rhosts was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de> Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_RHOSTS(8)