Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Checking Server work load
Operating Systems Solaris Checking Server work load Post 302109859 by BOFH on Thursday 8th of March 2007 11:41:02 AM
Old 03-08-2007
Pick up Adrian Cockroft's Sun Performance and Tuning book. It will be the best book for learning about performance monitoring on your older than Solaris 10 systems. For Solaris 10, I'm using Solaris Performance and Tools from Richard McDougall et.al. So far it's been a big help in tracking down problems.

Carl

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

How do I load kernel modules so BestCrypt will work

I'm using SuSE 9.2 Pro and trying to use a program call BestCrypt. I get it installed and type bctool and it says "Kernel modules not loaded". If you need to know anymore about it you can find it at http://www.jetico.com/linux/bcrypt-help/index.htm linux:/home/chris/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2 #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

server load tracking

I have written a script which checks server load and emails me. I am running into the error: ./load_alert.sh: line 8: ; then printf "WARNING - cpu load high in xyz server" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmurali
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load of Unix server

Hi Folks, I want to see the proper status of a low performance server. I tried using top command but it doesn't give all the details. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Regards, Sagar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
1 Replies

5. Solaris

CPU load -12.50 in server.

Friends I have noticed that the Sun Fire v490 server with Solaris9 OS in my office, is showing a load of 12.50 during peak time and the CPU showing a max of 75% and an average of 60%. The Application running in this machine hung last month(For reasons unknown) and is running fine after... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking running process status using "grep" on multiple servers in load sharing system.

Suppose i have 3 different servers say x,y and z. Im running some process say ABC and 40 instances for the same is being created. In load sharing suppose on server x, 20 instances are running server y, 10 instances are running server z, 10 instances are running. While checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
1 Replies

7. Linux

Server Load balancer

Hello Guys, Hope you all doing well . :) I was checking load balance command (uptime)on VM server and got below output. # uptime 07:08:40 up 52 min, 2 users,a load average: 0.45, 0.11, 0.03 A :How we can calculate load average? Thank you in advance !! Cheers:) Dont forget... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nats
1 Replies

8. AIX

Work Load manager usage

Dear All I am studying on system resource control matter. I know ulimit utility can done the job well. However,I want to clarify that whether workload load manager work in VM environment only. For example I have an AIX machine(not VM), can I use work load manager to limit user resource... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)