Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TELNET help
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions TELNET help Post 302109784 by adhirgarg on Thursday 8th of March 2007 04:13:07 AM
Old 03-08-2007
Use ftp not telnet

Hello, You cannot load a file using telnet. For that you need to use ftp

Steps
1. Open console of your windows.
2. ftp "machinename" with login and password
3. lcd your local path
4. cd your path in UNIX.
5. Use "get $filename" or "put $filename"

thats' how you can load a file from UNIX to Windows and vice-versa.

Enjoy !!
Adhir

Last edited by adhirgarg; 03-08-2007 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: Adding some more information

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

telnet

Hi All, I have written a script called findwho.sh findwho.sh in Development Server ======== who -M>x I want to copy the file findwho.sh into Production Server and run this script on it then output file x copy back to the Development Server 1) Every time ftp findwho.sh to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet

Now my task is there are two servers A and B. i only can put unix script in server A and database is on server B. can I write a script in serer A which could telnet to server B and run the script which include sql script and save the output file in server A. did I make my problem clear? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YoYo
2 Replies

3. Programming

telnet

hello sir and all my friends i have a serious problems in creating a telnet protocol with c-program in unix. if any one have this program then please reply me on this mail address. email address removed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijit deka
4 Replies

4. AIX

Telnet and su -

I have some AIX 4.3 machines which have disabled root telnet access. When you run su - once logged on the machine requests a password and if one is supplied correctly it asks for another users password. How do I configure this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uXion
0 Replies

5. SCO

Telnet

Hello. How can I limit the number of telnet connections in order that from the same IP address it can support at the maximun two simultaneus meetings on SCO Openserver 5.0.7 ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between Krb5-telnet And Ekrb5-telnet

Hi, I want to know the difference between these two services. Both are under xinetd. Both are used for enabling and disabling Telnet service. So, can somebody please explain me the difference between the two ? Thanks in advance :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet

Hi, Need some help on exiting the telnet session from the script. #!/bin/ksh telnet <ip> it would print some text and it would ask for a username and pwd. I jus need to capture the text and i need to come out of the telnet session. is it possible without expect ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
6 Replies

10. IP Networking

Telnet

Hey everyone. Something has been bothering me. The telnet program, while I know is insecure, offers a ton of functionality. I can literally test any port's availability. I can send commands to web servers, and email servers, and it's a great toubleshooting tool. can any of this be done with SSH?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
6 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc, .netrc -- user configuration for ftp DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)