Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TK/TCL Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting TK/TCL Help Post 302109682 by hpuxrox on Wednesday 7th of March 2007 11:31:16 AM
Old 03-07-2007
TK/TCL Help

can someone tell my why the puts is not reflecting the variable?

CUT -->

set fp [open "host2"]
while {-1 != [gets $fp line]} {

button .a${line} -text "${line} " -width 20 -command {

puts $line

}

pack .a${line}

}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Tcl...

Hello Tcl Experts, set i 0 while { $i < 10 } { puts "$i" incr i } I am trying to print the value of "i" at the same place. i.e. it should first print "1", then in next iteration print "2" over the location of "1" and so on.... (i.e. in every iteration, delete the previous number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl/expect

Can someone identify what is the problem here?. no children while executing "exp_wait -nowait -i -1" (procedure "logOptions" line 45) invoked from within "logOptions" (procedure "doExecute" line 98) invoked from within "doExecute" (procedure "main" line 32) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL, how to

Does any one know how to capture the output of command called from a TCL script? I cannot figure this out. I've been working on it for 4 hours now :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help - tcl

Hello, Can someone explaine me the meaning of this program: #! /usr/bin/tclsh set mctal set a set b set c set d set e while {! line cell]} { } while {! line]} { } while {! line cell]} { } while {! line]} { } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -e and Tcl

Hello, I'm trying to make Tcl work with GNU readline. Tried searching the forum but difficult to find this specific thing with "read" search query. Could someone help me to understand the following behavior? $ read -e asdfasdfasdfasddddf $ tclsh % exec read -e /usr/bin/read: read: bad... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL in NS2

Hi all, I wrote a TCL script in NS2 which involves running multiple Voice and video sessions. Am not able to troubleshoot one error at all. Can anyone please help me please. I am ready to send the documents if possible. please please help me guys !! I am trying to solve the problem since... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehera
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please help me in tcl/tk

i am new one to tcl/tk OTP-ARB:/home/ponmuthu/tcl=>/usr/bin/tclsh tclsh tclsh8.4 OTP-ARB:/home/ponmuthu/tcl=>/usr/bin/tclsh % wish Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable when i give like that i am getting error Application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in tcl...

how can i make a list with the n last files and their details in tcl?.. thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
0 Replies

9. Programming

Tcl script

Dear Users I'm struck by while the following tcl script. foreach l { set w($l) {} set fsum 0 foreach ftemp $f($l) { set fsum lappend w($l) $fsum } } It shows me error as "missing operand at _@_ in expression "0.10308400000000001 + _@_* 0.4 * 1" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala06
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with TCL script

I need to read a file, the file has a table in it. From the table I need to choose all the rows for which AVG 2 value is greater than 0.050 and write them on to a separate file. Please help me with the TCL script for this. Thanks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonystark
0 Replies
fblocked(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       fblocked(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fblocked - Test whether the last input operation exhausted all available input SYNOPSIS
fblocked channelId _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The fblocked command returns 1 if the most recent input operation on channelId returned less information than requested because all avail- able input was exhausted. For example, if gets is invoked when there are only three characters available for input and no end-of-line sequence, gets returns an empty string and a subsequent call to fblocked will return 1. ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as a Tcl standard channel (stdin, stdout, or stderr), the return value from an invocation of open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. EXAMPLE
The fblocked command is particularly useful when writing network servers, as it allows you to write your code in a line-by-line style with- out preventing the servicing of other connections. This can be seen in this simple echo-service: # This is called whenever a new client connects to the server proc connect {chan host port} { set clientName [format <%s:%d> $host $port] puts "connection from $clientName" fconfigure $chan -blocking 0 -buffering line fileevent $chan readable [list echoLine $chan $clientName] } # This is called whenever either at least one byte of input # data is available, or the channel was closed by the client. proc echoLine {chan clientName} { gets $chan line if {[eof $chan]} { puts "finishing connection from $clientName" close $chan } elseif {![fblocked $chan]} { # Didn't block waiting for end-of-line puts "$clientName - $line" puts $chan $line } } # Create the server socket and enter the event-loop to wait # for incoming connections... socket -server connect 12345 vwait forever SEE ALSO
gets(n), open(n), read(n), socket(n), Tcl_StandardChannels(3) KEYWORDS
blocking, nonblocking Tcl 7.5 fblocked(n)