Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dummie ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dummie ksh Post 302109583 by zazzybob on Tuesday 6th of March 2007 10:29:14 PM
Old 03-06-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoden
Try this:

ls -l $(find . -type f -mtime -1)
This is not going to work where there are lots of files, you'll receive an argument list that is too long.

Try
Code:
$ find . -type f -mtime -1 -print0 | xargs -0 ls -l

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help this Dummie

I am trying to integrate a Digital Unix Alpha server in a LAN that contains several NT severs. Could someone give me some advise on how to integrate Alpha server, so I can contact the Alpha from any NT and visa versa. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rmeyvogel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie Question, Can anyone take a screen shot of a UNIX system?

Since i have never seen one of these systems, i am just curious of how it looks. Btw if unix is not a GUI then is it possible to take a screenshots (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Punk18
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie Please Help With Unix And Win Xp

Please help : I have a question i am just starting to study UNIX and i need some advice,as my teacher isn,t the helpful type. I have just formatted my pc and partitioned it with win98 and winxp, do i need to create a partion for UNIX ??? OR is UNIX run in whatever partion i want it ???? Will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DAFFYY30
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie: How do I get variables mid program

I'm writing a simple program in unix and was wondering how mid switch I can run a program and get someone to enter variables for it i.e.: #!/bin/csh -f echo "If you wish to do v press v" echo "If you wish to compile press c" echo "If you wish to add an entry press a" echo "If you wish to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RichardB
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie question on ping (loopback)

what's the point of having loopback when you can just ping your local ip address? for example if my ip is 1.1.1.1, why can't i just do ping 5 1.1.1.1 instead of ping 5 127.0.1.1? it seems to me the only point in having it is for the sake of convenience? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinduy
2 Replies

6. Linux

dummie questions

im a copletely newbie... i havent installed linux yet, but i wanna quit windows cuz i dont get it anymore... anything is better than this :mad: ... anyway...: does linux runs all file extensions thats windows does? i mean, .doc, .exe, .bat, .psp, etc? i reallly dunno how it works... normal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guare_skt
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

true dummie calling

hi i think this will make me seem dummier than most, actually i don't even understand most of the posts in the dummie section... i have a project and i need to learn fortran programming, im working on a windows xp pc and so i have installed cygwin. and the cygwin site basically says learn unix so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyhive
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Dummie Here!

I know absolutely NOTHING about Unix but want to learn. How should I go about learning it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gosade
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm a dummie!

Hi I was installing 10.04. At 38 minutes remaining it froze and stayed that way for about 2 hours. I shut it down and now It's "frozen" for lack of a better term. ubuntu screen comes up, goes to black screen with blinking cursor. Anyone? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 08:03 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: martinnod
1 Replies
libssh2_scp_send64(3)						  libssh2 manual					     libssh2_scp_send64(3)

NAME
libssh2_scp_send64 - Send a file via SCP SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_scp_send64(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *path, int mode, libssh2_uint64_t size, time_t mtime, time_t atime); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) path - Full path and filename of file to transfer to. That is the remote file name. mode - File access mode to create file with size - Size of file being transmitted (Must be known ahead of time). Note that this needs to be passed on as variable type lib- ssh2_uint64_t. This type is 64 bit on modern operating systems and compilers. mtime - mtime to assign to file being created atime - atime to assign to file being created (Set this and mtime to zero to instruct remote host to use current time). Send a file to the remote host via SCP. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SCP_PROTOCOL - LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. AVAILABILITY
This function was added in libssh2 1.2.6 and is meant to replace the former libssh2_scp_send_ex(3) function. SEE ALSO
libssh2_channel_open_ex(3) libssh2 1.2.6 17 Apr 2010 libssh2_scp_send64(3)