Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: certification in Unix ?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users certification in Unix ? Post 302109156 by BOFH on Saturday 3rd of March 2007 11:49:16 PM
Old 03-04-2007
Sun offers a track to get you Sun certified. Take the classes then take a Prometric test at a local testing center.

There is Usenix/Sage and Lopsa that provides a generic admin class but it's cross platform. Unix and Windows last time I looked (it's been a while though).

HP offers on-line classes with virtual servers for you to configure (I'm scheduled to take a VCS/ServiceGuard class soon).

IBM has their RedBooks which have quite a few good books.

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unix Certification

Hi, Can anyone please let me know about Unix Certifications available? Regards, Puspendu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix certification

hi, Can you you please tell me which will be the best Unix certification to get. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asinha14
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Certification

I am seeking to move from Mainframe Storage Management to Open Systems, possibly as an AIX administrator. Does anyone know of a good Unix certification program that can get my foot in the door? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednan171
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX Certification

I am taking the UNIX Essentials/UNIX Core class on DVD. Two certifications are offered with it. What would be the next logical step in UNIX training after that? Would I need an instructor-led class? My company is offering $2500 towards Open Systems training and I would like to make the best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ednan171
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Please help me for UNIX certification

Hi, Last 2 years i am working in unix environment .I am interested to do some certification on UNIX.Could you please suggest me regarding this.. Thanks in adcance p kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sradha
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unix Certification

Which certification I can go for?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharat.techie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Certification

Hello Everybody, Is there any unix certification , where i can be a unix certified. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Certification on Unix

Hi all, I want to do a certification on unix, i dont have any idea about it. Can any one help me in where i can get the information on "UNIX CERTIFICATION" Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Certification

Hi, I am willing to do UNIX certification other than Administration. Could any one suggest me which unix developers certification will be better to do get good employment opportunities. Thanks in advance.:b::b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX certification

Hi there, I have 7+ IT experience worked in various support project in unix, pl/sql and C. I would like to take certification in unix (but I worked in shell scripting not in admin). I surfed net for certification but all are suggesting for admin certification like redhat, scsa..... I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
0 Replies
PAPERINFO(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      PAPERINFO(3)

NAME
paperinfo, paperwithsize, paperfirst, paperlast, papernext, paperprev - return informations about a paper SYNOPSYS
#include <paper.h> const struct paper* paperinfo(const char* papername) const struct paper* paperwithsize(double psw, double psh) char* papername(const struct paper*) double paperpswidth(const struct paper*) double paperpsheigth(const struct paper*) const struct paper* paperfirst(void) const struct paper* papernext(const struct paper* pinfo) const struct paper* paperprev(const struct paper* pinfo) const struct paper* paperlast(void) DESCRIPTION
paperinfo() returns a pointer to a struct paper containing informations about the paper with name papername paperwithsize() looks for a paper whose width and height is psw and psh in PostScript points, and return a pointer to a struct paper corresponding to the paper found. papername() returns the name of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperpswidth() returns the width, in PostScript points, of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperpsheight() returns the height, in PostScript points, of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperfirst() and paperlast() return the first and last entries for papers. Iteration from one entry to the next or the previous one can be done with papernext() and paperprev() respectively. SEE ALSO
paperinit(3), paperdone(3) defaultpapername(3) papersize(5) 24 September 1996 PAPERINFO(3)