Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Proper routing
Special Forums IP Networking Proper routing Post 302109146 by michaelnas on Saturday 3rd of March 2007 10:27:39 PM
Old 03-03-2007
It sounds like your attemping to ssh a device on a seperate vlan so traceroute and ping works but you are unable to ssh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Proper Forum Etiquette

I'm a frequent visitor to these forums. I generally enjoy topics that are posted as well as the responses. I really pickup a lot of new things to learn. However, there is one thing that does bother me here. (I dont mean to start a flame war, or any problems at all, just expressing some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proper use of prune...

My goal was to find any directories inside of any directory called "09_Client Original" not modified in the last 30 days. $ find /Volumes/Jobs_Volume/ -type d -name "09_Client Original" -exec find {} -mtime +30 -type d -maxdepth 1 \; The results of this find are passed along in a perl script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guriboy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting proper o/p from a procedure in a script

foll. is my code snippet. #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE CHAR; BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / SET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

proper ordering of o/p values

Hi, Below is my script which creates a file: #!/bin/sh if then echo "Enter bill period " echo "Syntax: sh cpd.sh G08" exit fi sqlplus uname/pwd@dbname <<EOF set WRAP off set FEEDBACK off set PAGESIZE 0 set VERIFY off (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with proper loop and variables

I have written a Bash Script that captures video via the Linux application DVgrab. When run my script prompts the terminal user to enter all the necessary information for the capture, save location, file name, file type capture duration etc... These are all in the form of #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell and getting proper directory

I am deploying a shell script in korn shell that will be called from a cronjob. It has to call other scripts in the same directory. However, the directory will change from server to server. The directories are not in my path and I cannot change that. Is there an easy way to set a variable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proper Expression To Not Include A String...

I have a folder of scripts: bash:/folderpath/> ls beginFile.sh beginFileBackup.sh beginAnother.sh beginAnotherBackup.sh beginJunk.sh beginJunkBackup.sh I'd like to be able to call just one (beginFile.sh) using this type of scheme: #Run the beginFile script without the word "Backup" in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proper syntax

I'm new to Unix, and just had a quick question. I'm writing a bash script, and I was wondering what proper programming etiquette was for piping. How many pipes is too many pipes? OLDEST=$(find . -maxdepth 1 -type d -newermt 2012-07-01 ! -newermt 2012-07-30 | xargs ls -1td | tail -2) echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrymer
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Proper configuration management

Recently i started to work in new company. I will replace old admin who is going into retirement and he has been showing me his procedures for server, database and network administration. From first point of view: there is absolutely no configuration management involved how they deploy software... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Proper naming conventions

Hey guys, not sure should I post it here or in 'What is on Your Mind?' I'm discussing usage of DSL (domain specific language) in security tools with my colleagues. We haven't been able to reach an agreement over naming conventions. There are many tools using DSL: splunk, sumologic,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobby P
2 Replies
asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)

NAME
jms-ping - checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running SYNOPSIS
jms-ping --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=false] Checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using jms-ping asadmin> jms-ping --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 JMS Ping Status=RUNNING EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-delete-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-list-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)