Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Open source mathematical software for scientists & engineers Post 302109104 by Perderabo on Friday 2nd of March 2007 10:13:57 PM
Old 03-02-2007
Maybe Maxima will do. Does it really need to be open source? Fermat is shareware that only cost $50.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help needed to test CorneliOS open source software on different platforms

Hello everyone, I' m currently working on an open source project and I'm looking for people willing to test the software on various platforms so that we'll be able to publish a compatibility list. The project is called CorneliOS, it's a webOS and web application framework, and it has been... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joskirps
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

need open source KB software for UNIX

Anyone know of a good open source Knowledge Base software for UNIX that can connect to an Oracle back end? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJ45
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Open Source Cloud Software

Hi all, I'm prepared exploring cloud technology to play on both private and public clouds. Please advise which of the following Open Source Cloud software, other than Ubuntu One, will be more powerful on features:- Abiquo http://www.abiquo.com/ Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
2 Replies

4. Linux

X Windowing Free Open Source Software at Windows Desktop

I am using a ssh session for my org Linux box to do all my installation work. Recently I installed a X Serve app but could not start its execution cause neither I am sure if X Server is running or not nor of how the app output (X windowing app) would be rendered on a Windows desktop from where I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

TensorFlow: Open Source Software Library for Machine Intelligence

Hi. Is anyone using TensorFlow ? oZikw5k_2FM Please let us know if you are using or planning to use TensorFlow. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
intr_strobe_ics_pct(5)						File Formats Manual					    intr_strobe_ics_pct(5)

NAME
intr_strobe_ics_pct - limit for the percent of time a processor is allowed to spend in interrupt context VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Setting to will switch the feature off. Recommended values DESCRIPTION
specifies the system limit for the percent of time a processor is allowed to spend in interrupt context. When the tunable is set to a value less than the kernel does not allow I/O interrupts to consume the processor time beyond the set limit and hence the threads and other low priority interrupts get time to execute. This is important when the system is under a heavy I/O interrupt load and some threads like heartbeat timer in service guard environment need to run within a limited time delay. In the normal working of the system, the value of the tunable should be If is to less than a message like the following may be seen in the message buffer. The message buffer can be read via or This message indicates that the percent of time spent on the processor crossed the specified limit and corrective action has been taken. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Only HP Field engineers should change the value of this tunable. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? The value should be lowered only when heavy I/O interrupt load is causing a time critical process to timeout. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Reducing the value of the tunable would give the thread context more time to execute. However, the overall system throughput may decrease. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? This tunable is independent of other tunables. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), kcweb(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters intr_strobe_ics_pct(5)