Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input Post 302109102 by Raynon on Friday 2nd of March 2007 09:55:39 PM
Old 03-02-2007
Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input

Hi All,

Is there any code in Perl which can differentiate between numeric and non-numeric input?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for a valid numeric input

Hi Folks, I'm using bash script. I would like to check whether input is a number or not.(Only positive numbers).. if space or non numeric is entered, it should say "invalid input". pls help.. thanks in adv. Br/// Vijay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating a input file for numeric and character

i have a input file like this 001|rahim|bajaj|20090102 while reading the file i need to check whether the first column is a number second column is a name is there any methodology to check for the same thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for Numeric output in Perl

Hi All, I would like to convert my below csh script to Perl. Can any expert help ? # To check for numeric input set tested1 = `echo "$tested"| awk '/^+$/'`; # To remove un-neccessary zeros set tested2 = `echo "$tested"|awk '{print $0+0}'`; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking input for being numeric and integers

Hi, I'm trying to check to see that the arguments given to my script are both numeric and positive integers. I'm using tcsh. I figured out the positive part, but I am having trouble with the arguments being numeric and integers I have no idea where to get started with the checking them actually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mistykz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace random numeric value with non-numeric value

Can someone tell me how to change the first column in a very large 17k line file from a random 10 digit numeric value to a non numeric value. The format of lines in the file is: 1702938475,SNU022,201004 the first 10 numbers always begin with 170 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bahf1s
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to sort data on second numeric field

Hi, I'm a learner of PERL programming. I've a input file with the below data: SWAT_5, 1703, 2010-09-21 SWAT_6, 2345, 2010-09-21 SWAT_7, 1792, 2010-09-21 SWAT_8, 1662, 2010-09-21 SWAT_9, 1888, 2010-09-21 VXHARP_1, 171, 2010-09-21 I need to sort this data based on the second... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
6 Replies

7. Programming

Perl : Numeric Range Pattern Matching

hi Experts just wondering if you can help me check a number between a specific range if i have an ip address , how can i say the valid number for ip between 1 to 254 something like this if ($ip ) =~ /.../ { } what the pattern i need to type thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubando
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String variable to numeric conversion in perl

Hi guys I am having this strange issue.Well my requirement is like below Compare two values between flat file and oracle DB Via perl script I am easily getting the rowcount Now I connect sql plus via perl and the column value that returns is string my $sqlplus_settings = ''; my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Put the numeric validation in user input when value is 5.1.2.3

Hi I need to put the validation in batch script when user will enter the build number it should be numeric.I can put the validation for numeric values but there is .(dot) in number so it would not take it as numeric. Is it possible we can store it in variable and remove the .(dot) from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether input is numeric

Hello there, find below for my code first: $pdp_asaba=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep asaba | sed 's/*//g'` if ]] then pdp_asaba=0 fi $pdp_abuja=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep abuja | sed 's/*//g'` if ]] then pdp_abuja=0 fi $pdp_ojota=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep ojota | sed 's/*//g'` if ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
3 Replies
RESOLVE_STACK_DUM(1)					       MySQL Database System					      RESOLVE_STACK_DUM(1)

NAME
resolve_stack_dump - resolve numeric stack trace dump to symbols SYNOPSIS
resolve_stack_dump [options] symbols_file [numeric_dump_file] DESCRIPTION
resolve_stack_dump resolves a numeric stack dump to symbols. Invoke resolve_stack_dump like this: shell> resolve_stack_dump [options] symbols_file [numeric_dump_file] The symbols file should include the output from the nm --numeric-sort mysqld command. The numeric dump file should contain a numeric stack track from mysqld. If no numeric dump file is named on the command line, the stack trace is read from the standard input. resolve_stack_dump supports the following options. o --help, -h Display a help message and exit. o --numeric-dump-file=file_name, -n file_name Read the stack trace from the given file. o --symbols-file=file_name, -s file_name Use the given symbols file. o --version, -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 RESOLVE_STACK_DUM(1)