Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change network time protocol
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) change network time protocol Post 302108934 by CBarraford on Thursday 1st of March 2007 10:56:25 PM
Old 03-01-2007
change network time protocol

by default, a mac syncs its time and date with time.apple.com (located system prefs->Date&Time). Is there a way in unix to change it to another address?

my attempts to use ntpdate and ntpd have failed.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

RH 9 and Network Time Protocol

I have a small program written in C using winsock v1, that uses a unix host to get the time. I have two machines networked, one windows, the other red hat 9. The windows machine will request the time off the RH one. How can I configure red hat to reply to the time request, i.e act as an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaredGalen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want know about network protocol testing

Hi guys, i want to know about network protocol testing. 1. What is network protocol testing? 2. Whats the role of network protocol tester? 3. Is there good future scope in network protocol testing field? 4. Just give me a example of protocol testing. 5. How it relates to perl or unix? Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help showing which network protocol users use.

I'm having a bit of a trouble trying to figure out how to tell which network protocol users HAVE been logging in with. I know how to find this information for currently logged in users : maximillian.gardner@syccuxfs01:~> who joseph.blosser pts/0 2012-01-15 14:07 (198.107.160.185)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximillian.g
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Change congestion protocol in Solaris 10

I have a client with a meshed Cisco backbone. 6500's on top, Nexus 7000 in the middle and 4500's in bottom. Solaris 10 servers connected to the 4500's backing up to a RedHat Linux backup server connected to the Nexus 7000's. The traffic is routed from 4500 --> Nexus 7000 --> 6500 --> Nexus 7000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crusoe
3 Replies
Email::Date(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Email::Date(3pm)

NAME
Email::Date - Find and Format Date Headers SYNOPSIS
use Email::Date; my $email = join '', <>; my $date = find_date($email); print $date->ymd; my $header = format_date($date->epoch); Email::Simple->create( header => [ Date => $header, ], body => '...', ); DESCRIPTION
RFC 2822 defines the "Date:" header. It declares the header a required part of an email message. The syntax for date headers is clearly laid out. Stil, even a perfectly planned world has storms. The truth is, many programs get it wrong. Very wrong. Or, they don't include a "Date:" header at all. This often forces you to look elsewhere for the date, and hoping to find something. For this reason, the tedious process of looking for a valid date has been encapsulated in this software. Further, the process of creating RFC compliant date strings is also found in this software. FUNCTIONS find_date my $time_piece = find_date $email; "find_date" accepts an email message in any format Email::Abstract can understand. It looks through the email message and finds a date, converting it to a Time::Piece object. If it can't find a date, it returns false. "find_date" is exported by default. format_date my $date = format_date; # now my $date = format_date( time - 60*60 ); # one hour ago "format_date" accepts an epoch value, such as the one returned by "time". It returns a string representing the date and time of the input, as specified in RFC 2822. If no input value is provided, the current value of "time" is used. "format_date" is exported by default. format_gmdate my $date = format_gmdate; "format_gmdate" is identical to "format_date", but it will return a string indicating the time in Greenwich Mean Time, rather than local time. "format_gmdate" is exported on demand, but not by default. PERL EMAIL PROJECT
This module is maintained by the Perl Email Project <http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Email::Date> SEE ALSO
Email::Abstract, Time::Piece, Date::Parse, perl. AUTHOR
Casey West, <casey@geeknest.com>. Ricardo SIGNES, <rjbs@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Casey West. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2007-12-01 Email::Date(3pm)