Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding PATH variable in the startup scripts Post 302108924 by dsbeerf on Thursday 1st of March 2007 10:23:01 PM
Old 03-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanishshetty
Hi,

I got a error message
The environmental variable AUTOSYS is not set !

I think I require to to add a path to PATH variable in the startup scripts in the home dir.

I tried using set PATH=

but it is not setting the PATH when i do the echo $PATH , i dont get the new PATH reflected, Is there anything i need to do before i run the SET command.

Regards
Rajanish
What are you really trying to do ? What you describe is NOT a standard "shell environment".
What shell are you using ? Each different shell has a different syntax for setting environment variables.

The mention of the variable "AUTOSYS" makes me think you are running a script inside a "batch environment" using the (C.A.) facility "AutoSys". This is a MUCH more complicated execution environment, and cannot be explained or trouble-shot in a forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Startup/Shutdown scripts

I understand that by putting in entries into the /etc/inittab file. We can actually call the our scripts during startup. mkitab "start_server:2:once:sh /scripts/startserver.sh" Would the system wait for startserver.sh finish executing before it goes to another entry? and how long would it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincente
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

startup scripts, how do they work in UNIX?

I need to make a script to start the postfix service on a server when the machine starts up. I have a script written below, which I think will work, but I am confused on how the rc2.d & rc3.d etc directories actually work. If I enter the script below, and stick it in the rc3.d directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding PATH variable

Hello i use bash and i added a path variable for 2 files /rscr and /uscr in /etc/profile /rscr working fine but the other one shows command not found and when i try to type whereis for scripts in /rscr it shows them but the other one shows nothing... thanks :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wir3d
3 Replies

4. Linux

startup scripts (rc3.d)

I've created the following link in order to startup apache tomcat on startup, however, it does not seem to run. Am I missing something out? :confused: /etc/init.d lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Sep 5 14:59 K73ypbind -> ../init.d/ypbind lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Sep 11 13:09 S100tomcat ->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Startup scripts

Hi all We have HP UX 11.23 installed on 4 RISC servers (2 oracle databases, 2 Oracle App Servers) , we are in a construction period , so the power failure may happen more than once a day. I need to learn how to create an automatic startup services as in Windows, if we know that the services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
5 Replies

6. AIX

Startup rc scripts log

Hi, I am trying to start services on system reboot on AIX. Have put the S* links under rd2.d & K* links under other rc*.d At the moment, all scripts are getting called. However, the services aren't coming up. Where can i find the logs for these to check what failed. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup/Kill Scripts

Hello, I have to perform an audit of a system at work and I am looking at its /etc/rc3.d: K01tog-pegasus K74nscd S08iptables S50openemm K01yum K74ntpd S09isdn S55cups K02NetworkManager K85mdmpd S09pcmcia S55sshd K03rhnsd ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xsession startup scripts

Can someone please tell me how to run xsession startup scripts whenever I start or after I restart my X session? I'm not trying to do anything fancy I just want this to run. This makes life a lot easier when I use a dual monitor. xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1024x768 --rate 60 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 startup scripts

Hi all, I have a server in maintenance mode and need to boot it up. Its due to a broken service "RepX". I need to stop the service from trying to start at boot up but i can't find where it is booting up from... it is not in any of the rcX.d directories and the two locations i have found it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating startup scripts using screen

Edit: So sorry! I really didn't do a good job of clearly stating what I needed. Going to completely rewrite my post so everything is clearly stated. I'm having trouble writing a shell startup script for a linux server. It uses the bash shell if I remember correctly. I'm trying to write it so... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyitoechito
9 Replies
LATD.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						      LATD.CONF(5)

NAME
latd.conf - LAT configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/latd.conf DESCRIPTION
/etc/latd.conf is a shell script (run by /bin/sh) that is run when latd is started up using the latcp -s command. It contains commands used to customise lat for your site and usually consists of a list of latcp commands. latd.conf is run with a minimal PATH and a minimal environment. The variable $LATCP points to the latcp binary used to invoke the script. EXAMPLE # /etc/latd.conf # This is a sample configuration file for latd # it is run as s shell script from latcp -s with a minimal # environment and PATH. latcp should be invoked using the # environment variable $LATCP. # # You can fiddle with all the latd parameters you like in here, # the first service announcement will not be made until this # script completes. # # Set the multicast timeout to 30 seconds $LATCP -m 30 # Add another login service $LATCP -A -a ZAPHOD -r 100 # Add a queued reverse LAT service to a printer on a DECserver $LATCP -A -p /dev/lat/printer -Hdecserver -Vdecserver -Q # Only advertise our service in groups 1-10 and 200 $LATCP -G 1-10,200 exit SEE ALSO latcp(8), latd(8) LAT Server June 2 2000 LATD.CONF(5)