Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: identify free disk spaces
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers identify free disk spaces Post 302108724 by sb008 on Wednesday 28th of February 2007 03:17:24 PM
Old 02-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tads98
Hi experts,

I need to determine if I have 4GB free space on my UNix server? Is there a way that I can do it instead of executing df -k . in each folder?

Thanks for your help.
"df -k ." reports the free disk space on the file system where your current directory is located on.

Moving to a different directory on the same file system will report the same result.

"df -k" will report the free space on all file systems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify the unix processes performing high disk i/o reads and writes

I would like to write shell/perl script which identifies the top unix processes that are performing high disk I/O's or/and writes If any one knows the solution please help me? -Swamy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avsswamy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

identify the unix process performing high disk i/o reads and writes

Guys, Is there any UNIX command that captures the 'Unix process which is performing high disk I/O reads and writes'. can you help me in this? -Swamy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avsswamy
6 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Free disk space

Hello, I would like to free some space to install gcc with is about 50M large, and I have no free space on my system. What can I delete? Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Free %Used Iused Ifree %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 262144 145436 116708 56% 7981 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Physically identify hard disk.

Hi, I have a failed hard disk in my Sun Fire V240. Unfortunately it does not show up in 'cfgadm -al' or in the format command so I cannot unconfigure it and illuminate the blue light on the front to identify it. Is there any way of iluminating the blue lights on the other disks so I can at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Free space at disk

Hi, I would like to create the new file system(mount point) in our unix server. before that i would like to know the total free space available in /home directory. Can you please let me know, how to find free space available for new filesystem? Be careful with your spelling and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify failed disk in Linux RAID

Good Evening, 2 years ago, I set up an Ubuntu file-server for a friend, who is a photograph amateur. Basically, the server offers a software RAID-5 that can be accessed remotely from a MAC. Unfortunately, I didn't labeled the hard drives (i.e. which physical drive corresponds to the /dev/sdX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
2 Replies

7. Hardware

How to identify virtual/physic disk path on X4100?

Hello, Currently we have a Oracle X4100 ( Solaris 10 ) server with disk failure. Originally our hardware team thought the disk can be hot-swap, when they stood in front of the server, none of the disk failure LED were on, so now we have no idea which disk is the bad one for replacement. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnychen98
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Identify Hard Disk interface

Hi, I have broken my laptop hard drive so I would like to put it in an external box to backup my documents. I have a doubt whether the interface of the hard disk is sata or ide. Inside notes attached, is reported "controller SATA AHCI" but on the model section is given IDE hard disk ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nash83
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help!! disk free space script

i want to write a shell script,when disk uses is 90% then automatically send a email to distribution list (group member)...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to identify if disk is attached to SAN and assist in migration.?

I am working on VM host and collecting data to identify the type of storage attached to the server which will be migrated to VNX. it has one ldom created on it luxadm probe output --- No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es Found Fibre Channel device(s): Node... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
7 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)