Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I'm not familiar with UNIX at all....HELP! Post 302108706 by Perderabo on Wednesday 28th of February 2007 11:50:50 AM
Old 02-28-2007
To find out your version of unix run the command:
uname -a

To get some clues about the dst change read Understanding Unix Timekeeping

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

anyone familiar with mandrake? :D

I am using Mandrake 10.1 and I was trying to use K3B to burn my files to CD. Well, I configured the recorder speed to 48X, however when I try to burn a cd, the program gets stuck and return an error 252 or something. I searched the forum and in there somewhere people mentioned about turning on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jace
2 Replies

2. Solaris

is anyone familiar w/an option for prstat that only displays the initial screen once?

prstat usage: prstat ] ] something equivalent to "top -d 1" ? thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IF YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH 'chkcpu', please read this post.

Hello, I am using unix shell from a Unix emulator called ZOC. Basically, I checked my jobs using the command 'chkcpu'. What I get is something like this: ** cfdlab17 ** PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanay
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is any one familiar with 'chkcpu' command ?

Hello, I am using unix shell from a Unix emulator called ZOC. Basically, I checked my jobs using the command 'chkcpu'. What I get is something like this: ** cfdlab17 ** PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanay
1 Replies

5. AIX

Anyone familiar with the application FMS ?

Fault Management System. I think it is an in-house application but I am not sure. So if there are people out there that know this application, I have a few questions about it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a script to reformat a file in unix but not familiar with unix

unix script must do the fiollowing open a file containing comma delimited records > each record contains 10 fields > removes the 2nd field and use that same field containing fields 2 to 10 the original record after fprocessing should containing fields 1 and 3 a new erecord must be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwightja
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Debian

HP ProLiant DL380 G4 w/ Debian... If your familiar with this machine please help.

Hello, I have a few questions about this server. It has two CPU's 3.20 ghz / 800 mhz / 1MB L2 5120 MB RAM 6 hard disks on HP Smart Array 6i controller (36.4 GB Ultra320 SCSI HD each) RAID set to RAID 5 (5 discs) with one spare (6th disk) USB, 2 Ethernet ports, 1 ILO port, 1 SCSI port ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
rtc(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   rtc(1M)

NAME
rtc - provide all real-time clock and GMT-lag management SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rtc [-c] [-z zone-name] DESCRIPTION
On x86 systems, the rtc command reconciles the difference in the way that time is established between UNIX and MS-DOS systems. UNIX systems utilize Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), while MS-DOS systems utilize local time. Without arguments, rtc displays the currently configured time zone string. The currently configured time zone string is based on what was last recorded by rtc-z zone-name. The rtc command is not normally run from a shell prompt; it is generally invoked by the system. Commands such as date(1) and rdate(1M), which are used to set the time on a system, invoke /usr/sbin/rtc -c to ensure that daylight savings time (DST) is corrected for properly. OPTIONS
-c This option checks for DST and makes corrections if necessary. It is normally run once a day by a cron job. If there is no RTC time zone or /etc/rtc_config file, this option will do nothing. -z zone-name This option, which is normally run by the system at software installation time, is used to specify the time zone in which the RTC is to be maintained. It updates the configuration file /etc/rtc_config with the name of the specified zone and the current GMT lag for that zone. If there is an existing rtc_config file, this command will update it. If not, this command will create it. FILES
/etc/rtc_config The data file used to record the time zone and GMT lag. This file is completely managed by /usr/sbin/rtc, and it is read by the kernel. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
date(1), rdate(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Oct 2003 rtc(1M)