Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compare realtime
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare realtime Post 302108536 by wannalearn on Tuesday 27th of February 2007 05:57:25 AM
Old 02-27-2007
hmmm...

log1 which keeps appending every sec
234,abc
678,def
345,fgh

awk -F"," '{print $1}' log1

will give me

log2 which keeps appending every sec
345, ghi
678, jkl

awk -F"," '{print $1}' log2

will give me

now i want a log3 which compares the output of the above two commands and keeps appending... ex: i should get 234 in log3 as its there in log1 and not in log2

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files realtime

I have a primary server where certain files are created real time. These files have varying file sizes. I want to FTP or copy them over to a different server server as soon a file gets created. I have to ensure that only full file is copied. The receiving end process expects a FULL file. I am ok... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies
MP_CompareOIDs(3MPAPI)				   Common Multipath Management Library Functions			    MP_CompareOIDs(3MPAPI)

NAME
MP_CompareOIDs - compare two object IDs SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lMPAPI [ library... ] #include <mpapi.h> MP_STATUS MP_CompareOIDs(MP_OID oid1, MP_OID oid2); PARAMETERS
oid1 An object ID that has type MP_OIDs for two objects to compare. oid2 An object ID that has type MP_OIDs for two objects to compare. DESCRIPTION
The MP_CompareOIDs() function compares two object IDs (OIDs) for equality to see whether they refer to the same object. The fields in the two object IDs are compared field-by-field for equality. RETURN VALUES
MP_STATUS_FAILED The object IDs do not compare. MP_STATUS_SUCCESS The two object IDs refer to the same object. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: ANSI INCITS 412 | | |Multipath Management API | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libMPAPI(3LIB), attributes(5) Multipath Management API Version 1.0 SunOS 5.11 15 Feb 2006 MP_CompareOIDs(3MPAPI)