Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read from data file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read from data file Post 302108499 by fongthai on Tuesday 27th of February 2007 01:26:26 AM
Old 02-27-2007
It works!
Thank jacoden and sb008!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from a file into a variable

I am a FORTRAN guy and not a UNIX expert by any means so sorry if this sounds dumb, but all I want to do is have a UNIX script which reads data from a file (say 1000 lines worth, each row is a file name) and store it in an array to perform an operation on later. As maddeningly simple as this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yorkdg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post Shell programming: Question about source a file and read data from the file

This is shell programming assignment. It needs to create a file called .std_dbrc contains STD_DBROOT=${HOME}/class/2031/Assgn3/STD_DB (which includes all my simple database files) and I am gonna use this .std_dbrc in my script file (read the data from the database files) like this: .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read in variable data from another file - grep

Hello! I think this should be an easy solution. I have a large file with many fields of data. The first field has a unique identifier (a subject number) for every record for a chunk of data. Something like this: There were ten experimental conditions (ec), but the ec is identified by only... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data in XML file

Hello Everybody, I have a question on reading the data from XML file through KSH shell script. In the below file I need to collect the patient control no and its respective insured id. I need to have pair of these values in single line separated by some special character, so that I could use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swame_sp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the apecific data from one file and write into another file

Hi, I would like to read the specific data from file and write the data in the new file. My data input is something like this.. <EXROP:R=TJ0311T; ROUTE DATA R ROUTE PARAMETERS TJ0311T DETY=UPDR TTRANS=1 FNC=3 MA=628160955000 R=TJ0311D ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bha148
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to read data from a file name.txt and search it in another file and then matching...

Hi Frnds... I have an input file name.txt and another file named as source.. name.txt is having only one column and source is having around 25 columns...i need to read from name.txt line by line and search it in source file and then save the result in results file.. I have a rough idea about the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Except Script to read data from file

Guys, I ma beginner to shell scripting.I am looking for a script, "read data from file & pass it on bash script output." Looking forward for help on this. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekris
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read data from zip file?

Hi All, could you please answer the below question. 1)How to read the data from zip file without unzip? Regards Priyanka (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
explain_sprintf_or_die(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 explain_sprintf_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_sprintf_or_die - formatted output conversion and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/sprintf.h> int explain_sprintf_or_die(char *data, const char *format, ...); int explain_sprintf_on_error(char *data, const char *format, ...); DESCRIPTION
The explain_sprintf_or_die function is used to call the sprintf(3) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_sprintf(3) function, and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). The explain_sprintf_on_error function is used to call the sprintf(3) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_sprintf(3) function, but still returns to the caller. data The data, exactly as to be passed to the sprintf(3) system call. format The format, exactly as to be passed to the sprintf(3) system call. RETURN VALUE
The explain_sprintf_or_die function only returns on success, see sprintf(3) for more information. On failure, prints an explanation and exits, it does not return. The explain_sprintf_on_error function always returns the value return by the wrapped sprintf(3) system call. EXAMPLE
The explain_sprintf_or_die function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: int result = explain_sprintf_or_die(data, format, ...); SEE ALSO
sprintf(3) formatted output conversion explain_sprintf(3) explain sprintf(3) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2010 Peter Miller explain_sprintf_or_die(3)