Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/path_to_inst
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory /etc/path_to_inst Post 302108283 by ailnilanjan on Monday 26th of February 2007 01:03:43 AM
Old 02-26-2007
Quote:
boot -ar might work, but I believe that the user will be prompted for some stuff. I'm not sure if taking the defaults will work with path_to_inst missing.
i am getting the same messege as before.

i am suspecting that path_to_inst is missing.

what can i do now?

is there any way to restore it?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cannot open /etc/path_to_inst file

In trouble... booted system and error on prom is "cannot open /etc/path_to_inst file" Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

path_to_inst output for usb storage device

Hello, I have a sun blade 100 with solaris 10 and am perplexed by the instances of devices that I see when I attach a usb flash stick to one of the ports in the back of the chassis. Here is what I see for USB storage in /etc/path_to_inst: "/pci@1f,0/usb@c,3/storage@3" 0 "scsa2usb"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: montana77
0 Replies

3. Solaris

path_to_inst file question

When path_to_inst file get created? Can we manually edit it? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Incorrect fabric WWN and path_to_inst Solaris 9

Hi, Over a period of time we gradually migrated all LUN's from our HP EVA array over to our EMC array. From the server it would appear some files require a tidy up and was wondering what the impact it would have if changes were to be made to the fabric_WWN_map and path_to_inst files and if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
0 Replies
bdiff(1)						      General Commands Manual							  bdiff(1)

Name
       bdiff - big file differential comparator

Syntax
       bdiff file1 file2 [n] [-s]

Description
       The  command  is  used to find lines that must be changed in two files to bring them into agreement.  Its purpose is to allow processing of
       files that are too large for

The command ignores lines common to the beginning of both files, splits the remainder of each file into n-line segments, and  invokes  upon
       corresponding  segments.   The  value of n is 3500 by default.  If the optional third argument is given and if it is numeric, it is used as
       the value for n.  This is useful in those cases in which 3500-line segments are too large for causing it to fail.

The output of the command is the same as the output of the command: line numbers are adjusted to account for the segmenting of the files to
       make  it  look  as  if the files had been processed whole.  Note that because of the segmenting of the files, does not necessarily find the
       smallest sufficient set of file differences.

If either file1 or file2 is -, the standard input is read.  The optional -s (silent) argument specifies	that  no  diagnostics  are  to	be
       printed by However, this does not suppress possible exclamations by If both optional arguments are specified, they must appear in the order
       indicated above.

Options
       -s		   Suppresses normal diagnostic messages.

Diagnostics
       Use for explanations.

Files
       /tmp/bd?????

See Also
       diff(1)

bdiff(1)