Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i check in csh if command found or not found ? Post 302108232 by umen on Sunday 25th of February 2007 05:42:24 AM
Old 02-25-2007
how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all

im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command

now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error

saying after im running this code :

Code:
set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory`
      if ( $status != 1 ) then
        echo $MemoryInfo
      endif

top: Command not found

how can i prevent the printing of any error coming from executing unix application with tcsh ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh: Hello: command not found

Hi All, I got this below, sudo ./myvar sh-3.1 # Hello You sh: Hello: command not found sh-3.1# sh-3.1# sh-3.1# exit Hi there Hi there $myvar $myvar Enter some text Hello World $myvar now equals Hello World for this code, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboarderguy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command not found

I ran the following script and it saying that sqlplus command not found. Please give me suggestions. echo `date +%c` >> $LOG_FILE echo "Database BACKUP starting." >> $LOG_FILE ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2; export ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID=SEED; export ORACLE_SID... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu list in Unix csh - command not found

Hello, im taking a class of Unix and i dont really know much about it, im trying to create a list of menu a user would select from and im very lost. Basically it will have 5 options, the user will chose from: 1. list files in the pwd 2. display date and time 3. is the file file or directory 4.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: morava
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Always getting command not found

I'm using Terminal in MAC OS X, and new to this. I don't know what happened to the path. I always get "command not found". For example, this is some of what I get: -bash: ls: command not found -bash: touch: command not found What should I do to return the terminal to normal? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abder-Rahman
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csh command not found

I get a "command not found" error when I run the csh command. I also get this error when I start a new session since my default shell is c shell. Any pointers as to what is going on? I am trying to set some paths using the .cshrc file and need to use the csh command for this. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kannyg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found errors when running csh script

I am trying to find the number of files whose name starts with uni. Below is the code but it is giving error. :confused: #!/bin/csh FILES_NAME ='files_list'; FILE_NAME_PATTERN = 'uni*'; NO_OF_FILES; ls -l $FILE_NAME_PATTERN > $FILES_NAME ; NO_OF_FILES = `wc -l $FILES_NAME`; echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX--Check Process not found error

hi guys can you please help me i have the following script to load to a database but when i execute it...its saying Check_Process: not found #!/bin/ksh ##-To load Oracle user profile ##./monitor_io.ksh ##./test.ksh SCP_DIR=/export/home/yani_m/scripts ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LucyYani
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

C command not found

Dear All, I am trying to install a program in Opensuse linux and while issuing the 'make' command, its showing me an error /bin/sh: C: command not found Kindly help me to troubleshoot the problem. I have gcc, c++ all install in the linux machine. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biochemist
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if files inside a text file are found under a directory

Hi all, Please somebody help me with this: I want to check if the files listed in a text file, are found under a directory or not. For example: the file is list_of_files.txt, which contains inside this rows: # cat list_of_files logs errors paths debug # I want to check if these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file if not found send mail if exit call second script

I need to check my script and change to working mode. currently it was not sending the mail and exit without calling the second script. I need to check the file is present ="/home/Rvtools/test.csv" if this file not found after the time retry send mail file not found If the file exit run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)