Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to increase memory size allowed to one process Post 302108066 by backslash on Thursday 22nd of February 2007 05:32:26 PM
Old 02-22-2007
Try running truss or tusc on the diff or awk command. Might give you a clue as to whats being exhausted. I suspect a kernel param rather than memory. Check the system hard limits

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opinions on memory increase

We are trying to tune a server which phsycially is maxed out on cpu. We are maxing out on memory and swapping at a rate of 20-43% of our swap space which is approx 45% of total ram. We "can" upgrade to twice the memory that we currently have but it will be costly as there are no more seats... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i get The total size of the process in virtual memory om GB or MB

Hello all im using the ps -ef "args vsz" | some.exe but the result is in kb , is there some kind of way or flag ( didnt found in the ps man ) to convert me this data to GB or MG in human readable format ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase process size ???

Hi All, Could anybody tell me how to increase/decrease a process size in UNIX HP machine ? Whether the process size limitation will cause core dump ? Thanks, Rohit.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronix007
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to get address space size that a process is allowed to use

Hi All, From C++, I just want to find the address space size that a process is allowed to use. For ex, in 32 bit OS the allowed address space is 4GB and in 64 bit OS I guess this is 16GB or more. I jsut want to find it in my C++ project. Is there any API calls that gives me such information.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendil Kumar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process self-exec and virtual memory size

Hello all, To do a self-exec or self-restart of a process when it crosses the threshold memory limit, I use the value of virtual memory size field from /proc/$pid/stat file and do a self-exec. According to man 5 proc vsize %lu Virtual memory size in bytes. I just want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
2 Replies

7. Web Development

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted

Any clues on how to get rid of this PHP error? PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /website/www/includes/functions_manpages.php on line 58 PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted(tried to allocate 401 bytes)

While running script I am getting an error like Few lines in data are not being processed. After googling it I came to know that adding such line would give some memory to it ini_set("memory_limit","64M"); my input file size is 1 GB. Is that memory limit is based on RAM we have on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies
TRUSS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  TRUSS(1)

NAME
truss -- trace system calls SYNOPSIS
truss [-facedDS] [-o file] [-s strsize] -p pid truss [-facedDS] [-o file] [-s strsize] command [args] DESCRIPTION
The truss utility traces the system calls called by the specified process or program. Output is to the specified output file, or standard error by default. It does this by stopping and restarting the process being monitored via ptrace(2). The options are as follows: -f Trace descendants of the original traced process created by fork(2), vfork(2), etc. -a Show the argument strings that are passed in each execve(2) system call. -c Do not display individual system calls. Instead, before exiting, print a summary containing for each system call: the total system time used, the number of times the call was invoked, and the number of times the call returned with an error. -e Show the environment strings that are passed in each execve(2) system call. -d Include timestamps in the output showing the time elapsed since the trace was started. -D Include timestamps in the output showing the time elapsed since the last recorded event. -S Do not display information about signals received by the process. (Normally, truss displays signal as well as system call events.) -o file Print the output to the specified file instead of standard error. -s strsize Display strings using at most strsize characters. If the buffer is larger, ``...'' will be displayed at the end of the string. The default strsize is 32. -p pid Follow the process specified by pid instead of a new command. command [args] Execute command and trace the system calls of it. (The -p and command options are mutually exclusive.) EXAMPLES
# Follow the system calls used in echoing "hello" $ truss /bin/echo hello # Do the same, but put the output into a file $ truss -o /tmp/truss.out /bin/echo hello # Follow an already-running process $ truss -p 34 SEE ALSO
kdump(1), ktrace(1), ptrace(2) HISTORY
The truss command was written by Sean Eric Fagan for FreeBSD. It was modeled after similar commands available for System V Release 4 and SunOS. BSD
May 12, 2009 BSD