Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk help Post 302108044 by ganesh123 on Thursday 22nd of February 2007 02:48:49 PM
Old 02-22-2007
Awk help

Hi everybody, I am extracting two columns named SAMPLE_ID and TEST from a flat file. Now i need to do a validation based on the condition:

If SAMPLE_ID<>Previous_SAMPLEID or TEST<>PREVIOUS_TEST Then
Sequence=0 Else Sequence=Sequence+1.

Basically I have to compare the current record with previous record.

awk -F "," { if($1 || $2).................

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: assign variable with -v didn't work in awk filter

I want to filter 2nd column = 2 using awk $ cat t 1 2 2 4 $ VAR=2 #variable worked in print $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR ' { print ID}' 2 2 # but variable didn't work in awk filter $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR '$2~/ID/ { print $0}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to compare a file with set of files in a directory using 'awk'

Hi, I have a situation to compare one file, say file1.txt with a set of files in directory.The directory contains more than 100 files. To be more precise, the requirement is to compare the first field of file1.txt with the first field in all the files in the directory.The files in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandek
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass awk field to a command line executed within awk

Hi, I am trying to pass awk field to a command line executed within awk (need to convert a timestamp into formatted date). All my attempts failed this far. Here's an example. It works fine with timestamp hard-codded into the command echo "1381653229 something" |awk 'BEGIN{cmd="date -d... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxer
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies
Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer(3pm)

NAME
Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer - Indexes NCBI Sequence files. SYNOPSIS
use Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer; # creating & using the index is just a few lines my $inx = Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer->new( -filename => 'seq.idx', -write_flag => 'WRITE'); # needed for make_index call, but if opening # existing index file, don't set write flag! $inx->make_index('seq1.asn', 'seq2.asn'); my $seq = $inx->fetch('AF093062'); # Bio::Seq obj for Sequence (doesn't work yet) # alternatively, if one prefers just a data structure instead of objects $seq = $inx->fetch_hash('AF093062'); # a hash produced by Bio::ASN1::Sequence # that contains all data in the Sequence record PREREQUISITE
Bio::ASN1::Sequence, Bioperl and all dependencies therein. INSTALLATION
Same as Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene DESCRIPTION
Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer is a Perl Indexer for NCBI Sequence genome databases. It processes an ASN.1-formatted Sequence record and stores the file position for each record in a way compliant with Bioperl standard (in fact its a subclass of Bioperl's index objects). Note that this module does not parse record, because it needs to run fast and grab only the gene ids. For parsing record, use Bio::ASN1::Sequence. As with Bio::ASN1::Sequence, this module is best thought of as beta version - it works, but is not fully tested. SEE ALSO
Please check out perldoc for Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene for more info. AUTHOR
Dr. Mingyi Liu <mingyi.liu@gpc-biotech.com> COPYRIGHT
The Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene module and its related modules and scripts are copyright (c) 2005 Mingyi Liu, GPC Biotech AG and Altana Research Institute. All rights reserved. I created these modules when working on a collaboration project between these two companies. Therefore a special thanks for the two companies to allow the release of the code into public domain. You may use and distribute them under the terms of the Perl itself or GPL (<http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>). CITATION
Liu, M and Grigoriev, A(2005) "Fast Parsers for Entrez Gene" Bioinformatics. In press OPERATION SYSTEMS SUPPORTED
Any OS that Perl & Bioperl run on. METHODS
fetch Parameters: $geneid - id for the Sequence record to be retrieved Example: my $hash = $indexer->fetch(10); # get Sequence #10 Function: fetch the data for the given Sequence id. Returns: A Bio::Seq object produced by Bio::SeqIO::sequence Notes: Bio::SeqIO::sequence does not exist and probably won't exist for a while! So call fetch_hash instead fetch_hash Parameters: $seqid - id for the Sequence record to be retrieved Example: my $hash = $indexer->fetch_hash('AF093062'); Function: fetch a hash produced by Bio::ASN1::Sequence for given id Returns: A data structure containing all data items from the Sequence record. Notes: Alternative to fetch() _file_handle Title : _file_handle Usage : $fh = $index->_file_handle( INT ) Function: Returns an open filehandle for the file index INT. On opening a new filehandle it caches it in the @{$index->_filehandle} array. If the requested filehandle is already open, it simply returns it from the array. Example : $fist_file_indexed = $index->_file_handle( 0 ); Returns : ref to a filehandle Args : INT Notes : This function is copied from Bio::Index::Abstract. Once that module changes file handle code like I do below to fit perl 5.005_03, this sub would be removed from this module perl v5.14.2 2005-05-04 Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer(3pm)