Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? ACM, USENIX, SAGE, Computer Society Post 302107986 by bru on Thursday 22nd of February 2007 08:23:06 AM
Old 02-22-2007
Thanks for the further input guys!

--
-Adam B.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting computer name

Hi all! Is there any function to get the name from a computer by the IP adresse? Thank you in advance! Greetings Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who - PC Computer name

Does anyone know of a way of identifying the PC / client name rather than IP address via who or some other AIX command (5.3). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How Many hours on Computer?

How many hours you spend on Computer in a day??? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
10 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What was your first computer?

Hey, the What Do You Do for a Living thread got me thinking about this. My first "computer" was a Timex Sinclair that I built from a kit. I also spent many hours painstakingly programming a Commodore Vic20 to display graphics and sound (and save them on that slooooow tape drive). My first "real"... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dday
26 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't shutdown the computer

i cannot shutdown my computer through GUI or CLI when i put the command shutdown -P/-r nowor press the shutdown button it goes to the login prompt and stays like that afterwards, so i press CTRL+ALT+delete (which works) but that only restarts it and closes processes like winbind and apache ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mi117
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help my computer has been compromised

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right spot and I really need some help. I am going through a horrible divorce and I am afraid that my husband has compromised . He set up my mac computer and router and for my job set up remote access for me. I caught him cheating on me and I think he... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk243665
6 Replies
gnome-sound-properties(1)					   User Commands					 gnome-sound-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-sound-properties - enable sound, and associate sounds with events SYNOPSIS
gnome-sound-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Sound preference tool enables you to control when the GNOME sound server starts. You can also specify which sounds to play when partic- ular events occur. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Sound preference tool example% gnome-sound-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-sound-proExecutable for the Sound preferences tool. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. libesd(3), gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-sound-properties(1)