Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile Post 302107867 by Ebbi on Wednesday 21st of February 2007 08:45:37 AM
Old 02-21-2007
That's right, the D210 is 32-bit. From D*70 onwards (PA-8000) you can have 64-bit.

Unfortunately not. My recommendation would be to get a cheap HP Visualize C-Class workstation (from C3000 onwards), to get it working on modern releases.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to install Oracle 8i on Solaris 8 OS on a PC ?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have a hard time to install Oracle 8i on Solaris 8 OS on my PC. Every time I tried to install Oracle I failed, and it gave me a message that I have to change the files which were not specified. Therefore I have no ideas which files I have to modify. If you have the answer,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vuknguyen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile cant create new install path

..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
2 Replies

3. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Oracle install on Solaris

i have installd oracle 10 on Solaris 10 now i want to access this database from remote machine. -bash-3.00$ tnsping 192.168.92.49 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on 17-DEC-2010 21:06:51 Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhaliq22
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

I am getting below error while trying to install Oracle 12c release 2 on rhel 7

Hi, I am getting below error while trying to install oracle 12c release 2 on rhel 7. $ ./runInstaller Starting Oracle Universal Installer... Checking Temp space: must be greater than 500 MB. Actual 10828 MB Passed Checking swap space: must be greater than 150 MB. Actual 2559 MB ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasahu
2 Replies
file(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   file(1)

NAME
file - determine file type SYNOPSIS
mfile] ffile] file ... UNIX 2003 (onwards) Synopsis mfile] Mfile] ffile] file ... DESCRIPTION
performs a series of tests on each file in an attempt to classify it. If file appears to be an ASCII file, examines the first 512 bytes and tries to guess its language. If file is an executable file, prints the version stamp, provided it is greater than 0 (see the descrip- tion of the option in ld(1)). uses the file to identify files that have some sort of that is, any file containing a numeric or string constant that indicates its type. Commentary at the beginning of explains the format. Options recognizes the following command-line options: Use alternate magic file mfile. (UNIX 2003 onwards Only) Use alternate magic file Mfile. Do not apply default context-sensitive tests. Check the magic file for format errors. This validation is not normally carried out for reasons of efficiency. No file classification is done when this option is specified. (UNIX 2003 onwards Only) Apply position-sensitive tests from the default magic file, and default context-sensitive tests to the file. Obtain the list of files to be examined from file ffile. classifies each file whose name appears in ffile. Do not follow symbolic links. From UNIX 2003 (onwards) environment, if is not specified and the is a symbolic link referring to a non-existent file, it is identified as a symbolic link, as if has been specified. Do not attempt to classify a regular file further. If the option is specified with the option, option, or both, the concatenation of the position-sensitive tests specified by these options is applied in the order specified by the appearance of these options. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
For information about the UNIX standard environment, see standards(5). Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. However, all non-ASCII text files are identified as "data". WARNINGS
The command for a release interprets the core files for that particular release correctly. Using the command on a core file generated on a different release will report incorrect results. SEE ALSO
ld(1), standards(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
file(1)