Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile Post 302107848 by Ebbi on Wednesday 21st of February 2007 06:40:06 AM
Old 02-21-2007
This message is not very informative as it only reports that a problem HAS occurred but not WHICH one exactly. The make.log file, which is written in $ORACLE_HOME/install, may contain more information. Otherwise you can trigger a more accurate error message by restarting the relinking process:

1. Log on as oracle user.

2. Execute the following command:

make -F <makefile> <target>

You can find <makefile> and <target> in the error message of the runInstaller here the path of the makefile may be skipped if you have switched to the relevant directory prior to the error message.
For example, a typical call is "make -f ins_sqlplus.mk ioracle".

I guess that you should get the following error when relinking manually:

ld: Unsatisfied symbol "gethrtime" in

Code:
General checklist for troubleshooting

a) Incorrect installation of Oracle software
b) Incorrectly set environment
c) Missing operating system patches
d) Incorrect operating system setup
e) Missing file permissions
f) Incorrectly installed C compiler or Linker
g) Inadequate operating system parameters
h) Check with the supplier of the operating system

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to install Oracle 8i on Solaris 8 OS on a PC ?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have a hard time to install Oracle 8i on Solaris 8 OS on my PC. Every time I tried to install Oracle I failed, and it gave me a message that I have to change the files which were not specified. Therefore I have no ideas which files I have to modify. If you have the answer,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vuknguyen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile cant create new install path

..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
2 Replies

3. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Oracle install on Solaris

i have installd oracle 10 on Solaris 10 now i want to access this database from remote machine. -bash-3.00$ tnsping 192.168.92.49 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on 17-DEC-2010 21:06:51 Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhaliq22
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

I am getting below error while trying to install Oracle 12c release 2 on rhel 7

Hi, I am getting below error while trying to install oracle 12c release 2 on rhel 7. $ ./runInstaller Starting Oracle Universal Installer... Checking Temp space: must be greater than 500 MB. Actual 10828 MB Passed Checking swap space: must be greater than 150 MB. Actual 2559 MB ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasahu
2 Replies
PERROR(1)                                                      MySQL Database System                                                     PERROR(1)

NAME
perror - explain error codes SYNOPSIS
perror [options] errorcode ... DESCRIPTION
For most system errors, MySQL displays, in addition to an internal text message, the system error code in one of the following styles: message ... (errno: #) message ... (Errcode: #) You can find out what the error code means by examining the documentation for your system or by using the perror utility. perror prints a description for a system error code or for a storage engine (table handler) error code. Invoke perror like this: shell> perror [options] errorcode ... Example: shell> perror 13 64 OS error code 13: Permission denied OS error code 64: Machine is not on the network The meaning of system error messages may be dependent on your operating system. A given error code may mean different things on different operating systems. perror supports the following options. o --help, --info, -I, -? Display a help message and exit. o --ndb Print the error message for an NDB Cluster error code. This option is deprecated in NDB 7.6.4 and later, where perror prints a warning if it is used, and subject to removal in a future NDB Cluster release series. Use the ndb_perror utility instead. o --silent, -s Silent mode. Print only the error message. o --verbose, -v Verbose mode. Print error code and message. This is the default behavior. o --version, -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.7 06/07/2018 PERROR(1)