Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Problem downloading linux kernel 2.6 on to AT91RM9200 Post 302107817 by yugandhar on Wednesday 21st of February 2007 03:54:04 AM
Old 02-21-2007
Problem downloading linux kernel 2.6 on to AT91RM9200

Hi,
I builded the linux kernel 2.6 with the following tool chain
binutils:2.16
gcc:3.4.4
glibc:2.3.5
kernel:2.6.10
and applied the corresponding patches to it.I got the kernel Image.I downloaded the Image on to the AT91RM9200 board.But when i am booting the image it is showing the following error:

BAD MAGIC NUMBER
with the same tool chain i builded 2.4 kernel and downloaded it. It is successfully booting.
Can any one help out in this.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Downloading Red Hat

I've been having problems downloading Red Hat 7.2 from their FTP site. It downloads rather slowly(between 2-3k/sec, I'm on broadband) and after about 10 minutes stops downloading altogether. Am I doing something wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tradewynd
2 Replies

2. Linux

Downloading Linux

My class "UNIX using Linux" started today. The software that came with my text book will not download. I am running XP pro .. When I load the "guide to UNIX using Linux" disk the only thing that comes up is E:/ showing some files that are on the disk and then it stops and does nothing. Can anyone... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tammy
13 Replies

3. Linux

downloading linux

I can't download linux. why? :mad: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhika
2 Replies

4. Linux

downloading linux

hi when i got to download fedora there are so many options to download. I remember my teacher saying there was 3 iso files to download yet I see 6 and different options. Does anyone know which one i should download ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site

HI, I'm downloading one day old files from ftp site. Below is my script ---------------------------- printf "open $HOST \n" > ftp.cmd printf "user $USER $PASSWD\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "bin\n" >> ftp.cmd #printf "cd /Models/\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "prompt\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "for oldfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wget pdf downloading problem

Hi. I am trying to make a mirror of this free online journal: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t716100758~db=all Under the individual issues, the link location for the "Full Text PDF" does not have ".pdf" as an extension -- so when I use wget it misses the file. However clicking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: obo1234
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Kernel parameters problem in Linux

please tell me the list of kernel parameters in RHEL 5.7 Because we've a requirement in one project. Also tell me the importance of eah kernel parameter if possible. ==Thanks in Advance==:):D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies
MKIMAGE(1)						      General Commands Manual							MKIMAGE(1)

NAME
mkimage - Generate image for U-Boot SYNOPSIS
mkimage [options] DESCRIPTION
The mkimage command is used to create images for use with the U-Boot boot loader. These images can contain the linux kernel, device tree blob, root file system image, firmware images etc., either separate or combined. mkimage supports two different formats: The old legacy image format concatenates the individual parts (for example, kernel image, device tree blob and ramdisk image) and adds a 64 bytes header containing information about target architecture, operating system, image type, compression method, entry points, time stamp, checksums, etc. The new FIT (Flattened Image Tree) format allows for more flexibility in handling images of various types and also enhances integrity pro- tection of images with stronger checksums. OPTIONS
List image information: -l [uimage file name] mkimage lists the information contained in the header of an existing U-Boot image. Create old legacy image: -A [architecture] Set architecture. Pass -h as the architecture to see the list of supported architectures. -O [os] Set operating system. bootm command of u-boot changes boot method by os type. Pass -h as the OS to see the list of supported OS. -T [image type] Set image type. Pass -h as the image to see the list of supported image type. -C [compression type] Set compression type. Pass -h as the compression to see the list of supported compression type. -a [load addess] Set load address with a hex number. -e [entry point] Set entry point with a hex number. -n [image name] Set image name to 'image name'. -d [image data file] Use image data from 'image data file'. -x Set XIP (execute in place) flag. Create FIT image: -D [dtc options] Provide special options to the device tree compiler that is used to create the image. -f [image tree source file] Image tree source file that describes the structure and contents of the FIT image. EXAMPLES
List image information: mkimage -l uImage Create legacy image with compressed PowerPC Linux kernel: mkimage -A powerpc -O linux -T kernel -C gzip -a 0 -e 0 -n Linux -d vmlinux.gz uImage Create FIT image with compressed PowerPC Linux kernel: mkimage -f kernel.its kernel.itb HOMEPAGE
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/WebHome AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@nigauri.org> and Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> 2010-05-16 MKIMAGE(1)