Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to install Vim on unixware Post 302107529 by nervous on Monday 19th of February 2007 03:34:10 AM
Old 02-19-2007
Unable to install Vim on unixware

I tried to install Vim running configure script but it gives me error:
Code:
UX:sh (./configure): ERROR: auto/configure: Cannot execute

Here is configure script:
Code:
/home/tom/vim70/src$cat configure
#! /bin/sh
# run the automatically generated configure script
CONFIG_STATUS=auto/config.status \
   auto/configure "$@" --srcdir="${srcdir:-.}" --cachefile=auto/config.cache
# Stupid autoconf 2.5x causes this file to be left behind.
if test -f configure.lineno; then rm -f configure.lineno; fi

Any body can tell me the exact syntax needed to install VIm 7.0 on unixware machine.

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Performance issue from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7

Hello, I am having performance problem when , i ported a c code from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7.0.0. My program establishes a synchornous connection with the client in a windows OS and then sends and receives messsages using the recv and send calls. What i hyave noticed is that after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amith
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maintenace Pack 3 Install on UNIXWARE

Hello, I just re-installed the MP3 for UNIXWARE on our system for the second time due to upper management decision and I received this message pasted below. The following packages were installed successfully: UnixWare 7.1.4 Maintenance Pack 3 <uw714mp3> Updated Base System Guides... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install VIM in AIX UNIX

:)Hi to all, Please help me about how to install VIM in UNIX AIX Box. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
1 Replies

4. Solaris

install vim error

dear all iam installing vim on solaris 10 but it give me the below error can any one help me ld.so.1: vim: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory Killed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
2 Replies

5. SCO

IBM X3650 install unixware 7.1.4

Dear everyone: Who can tell me the IBM X3650 7979-101 how to install sco unixware 7.1.4? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdccf
1 Replies

6. SCO

Install GRUB on SCO Unixware 7.1.1

Hi, I am trying to install the linux boot loader (GRUB) on a non-linux machine (Unixware 7.1.1). The thing is I want to boot the linux kernel (vmlinuz) and the linux ram disk (initrd.img) from unixware and boot the machine with it. Does anyone have a good way to do this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teen_racer19
10 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Install - Need help

(sorry my English, is really poor). I have a SCO Unixware 7.1.1 and I need install in ML350 G3. Reading in google and HP web, make a floppy disks for install, but the options that I have is for network or floppy disk. How install from CD with patch for HP smart array 532 ?? or How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplertor
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install vim on centos

i typed this command it shows -bash: up2date: command not found how to install it? how to copy the code to the VI editor when i access my server with secureCRT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runeveryday
1 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unable to install OpenBSD 4.9

I'm unable to install OpenBSD 4.9 boot disk after having burnt the "install49.iso" file. On boot, it says: "CD-ROM : 90 Loading OpenBSD/4.9/i386 CDBOOT" and keeps repeating these two lines. Any solutions? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ihavequestions
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help me to install UNIXware 7.1.4 on hp ml350 g6 server

hi all i have hp proliant ml350 g6 , i want install unixware 7.1.4 , i excute steps installation but an error ocured hard disk not found after completed install HBA DRIVER , when chnage using DCU utility from automatic to mannul some reseason like unkow device see must be configure can you help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eng.sami80
1 Replies
DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)

NAME
dh_auto_configure - automatically configure a package prior to building SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_configure [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_configure is a debhelper program that tries to automatically configure a package prior to building. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, it looks for and runs a ./configure script, Makefile.PL, Build.PL, or cmake. A standard set of parameters is determined and passed to the program that is run. Some build systems, such as make, do not need a configure step; for these dh_auto_configure will exit without doing anything. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_configure at all, and just run ./configure or its equivalent manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_configure usually passes. For example: dh_auto_configure -- --with-foo --enable-bar SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)