Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Autosys Email Alarms
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Autosys Email Alarms Post 302107389 by rpiller on Friday 16th of February 2007 10:52:43 AM
Old 02-16-2007
Autosys Email Alarms

Hello,

I'm kind of new to autosys, but I'm assuming there is a way to have Alarms be emailed instead of having to run jobscape and click the Alarm button to see what jobs have failed? Does anyone have an insight onto how this can be done? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Alarms/Alerts

Is there a imbedded command (Solaris v8 ksh) that will send an administrative alert/alarm. Or is it just triggering a mail message via shell script? If no, is there a good open-source code someone knows about? Thanks so much in advance for any replies. ...Gozer13 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gozer13
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

alarms

Hi I have been trying to set up alarms on my Solaris box (Sun OS 5.8) The objective is to present the user an audible alarm every hour or so. I have so far done this: #!/bin/sh val=1 while do printf "\a" val=`expr $val + 1` done I have put this in my crontab to run hourly.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Documentation and books on Autosys Job Control Tool from Autosys

My project uses Autosys. I am new to this product and I don't know where to start from. Q1. Please provide me the link where I can get Autosys documentation Q2. Please refer a good book on Autosys. (Beginner/Intermediate Level) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Sun Solaris 9 Traps Contain Multiple Alarms

Hi all, I have a Sun Solaris 9 box which acts as a firewall. Sometimes if multiple actions which cause snmp traps occur very close together, a single snmp trap that is sent containing the text for multiple alarms. I would like to prevent that and have a trap sent for each action which would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: g0ld2k
0 Replies

5. Solaris

lp serverlist alarms in messages

Hello, I have been receiving following alarms in /var/adm/messages dtcp: WARNING DB (db_tcp.c,363) db_alloc_connid: lp && lp->serverlist error for service 20 It seems like this message is related to LP print service. Since I am not using any print service, is there any way to switch it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalishan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys: How to change a machine name in Autosys JIL.

All the autosys jobs are on server-1 and server-1 has been crashed due to some reason, Now I have to run 5 autosys jobs on server-2 (failover server) which are on server 1. How to do with Autosys command (which command needs to fired on JIL) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tp2115
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Hardware Alarms on HP-ux Solarisx86

Hi I am trying to configure the Hardware alarms on HP server. I have refer to "HP ProLiant Health Monitor User Guide" and installed HPQacucli-3.5.0-solaris10-i386 HPQhealth-4.4.0-solaris10-i386 HPQhma-5.7.0-solaris10-i386 HPQilo-1.4.5-solaris10-i386 HPQsmh-5.5.0-solaris10-i386 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Strange power supply units alarms!!!

Hi folks, I encountered this alarms on a solaris server: 04/21/12 23:17:55 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231748 Power Supply Unit 0 is faulty 04/21/12 23:17:55 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231748 Power Supply Unit 1 is faulty 04/21/12 23:18:26 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231822 Power Supply Unit 0 is faulty:CLEAR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Ftpd alarms

Hi, I am facing following alarms in var/adm/messages after an interval of 10 mins. I dont know what the impact is and how can i fix it. Can anyone help please? Dec 4 07:50:03 hxcsvc-a01 ftpd: open_module: stat(/usr/lib/security/pam_unix_session.so.1) failed: No such file or directory Dec ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sni_engineer
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudden Service Busy Alarms

Hi, I am getting service busy alarms on my machines which are using MongoDB every now and then. When the service busy alarm appears, I get the following errors on my mongo router logs. Tue Apr 7 08:01:08.445 dbclient_rs nodes.ok = true hxcslc-b05:27014 Tue Apr 7 08:01:08.445 dbclient_rs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sni_engineer
0 Replies
alarm(2)							System Calls Manual							  alarm(2)

NAME
alarm - set a process's alarm clock SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
instructs the alarm clock of the calling process to send the signal to the calling process after the number of real-time seconds specified by sec have elapsed; see signal(5). Specific implementations might place limitations on the maximum supported alarm time. The constant defined in specifies the implementation-specific maximum. Whenever sec is greater that this maximum, it is silently rounded down to it. On all implementations, is guaranteed to be at least 31 days (in seconds). Alarm requests are not stacked; successive calls reset the alarm clock of the calling process. If sec is 0, any previously made alarm request is canceled. Alarms are not inherited by a child process across a but are inherited across an On systems that support the and system calls, the timer mechanism used by is the same as that used by Thus successive calls to and set and return the state of a single timer. In addition, sets the timer interval to zero. RETURN VALUE
returns the amount of time previously remaining in the alarm clock of the calling process. WARNINGS
In some implementations, error bounds for alarm are -1, +0 seconds (for the posting of the alarm, not the restart of the process). Thus a delay of 1 second can return immediately. The routine can be used to create a more precise delay. SEE ALSO
sleep(1), exec(2), getitimer(2), pause(2), signal(5), sleep(3C). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
alarm(2)