Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help--script to filter specific lines from multiple txt files Post 302107364 by radoulov on Friday 16th of February 2007 09:08:36 AM
Old 02-16-2007
Code:
awk 'FNR==1{printf "===============\n%s\n===============\n",FILENAME}
/access-list/' router*.txt

Use nawk on Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I filter double lines from a txt file

Hi, I have a file with the following: access-list.txt router1 access-list 1 permit any any access-list 1 deny any any router2 access-list 2 permit any any access-list 2 deny any any router3 access-list 3 permit any any access-list 3 deny any any I want to hava an output that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove certain lines in multiple txt files?

Hi , I have this type of files:- BGH.28OCT2008.00000001.433155.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000002.1552361.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000003.1438355.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000004.1562602.001 Inside them contains the below: 5Discounts 6P150 - Max Total Usage RM150|-221.00 P150 EPP - Talktime RM150... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olloong
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter out a sequence from multiple lines line

Hi, I have an unwanted string at random lines of my verilog (*.v) file. (* abccddee *) input A; (* xyz *) input B; (* 1234 *) output C; I want a clean file like this: input A; input B; output C; the unwanted string begins with "(*" and ends with "*)" at multiple lines. Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting arguments in a script to multiple lines in a .txt file

Ok hope my vocab is right here, i'm trying to write multiple sets of arguments to another file for example: I have a script that accepts four arguments and sends them to a another file $write.sh it then out in so the file receiver.txt would contain this: it then out in what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austing5
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help combining txt files w/ multiple lines into csv single cell - also need data merge

:confused:Hello -- i just joined the forums. I am a complete noob -- only about 1 week into learning how to program anything... and starting with linux. I am working in Linux terminal. I have a folder with a bunch of txt files. Each file has several lines of html code. I want to combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetsetter
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing specific lines from script files.

Hello, Activity to perform: 1. Find all of the "*.tmp" files in a given user directory 2. Determine which ones have "find" in them. 3. Replace the "find sequence" of commands with a "list set" of commands. Example: Original file: -------------- define lastn1 = "A" define... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter multiple lines

Hi. I need to filter lines based upon matches in multiple tab-separated columns. For all matching occurrences in column 1, check the corresponding column 4. IF all column 4 entries are identical, discard all lines. If even one entry in column 4 is different, then keep all lines. How can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - filter txt file full of ips

Hello again gentlemen. I would like to make a shell script to 'optimize' a plain text full of IPs. Let's suppose to have this text file: 1.192.63.253-1.192.63.253 1.0.234.46/32 1.1.128.0/17 1.116.0.0/14 1.177.1.157-1.177.1.157 1.23.22.19 1.192.61.0-1.192.61.99 8.6.6.6 I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accolito
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter lines based on values at specific positions

hi. I have a Fixed Length text file as input where the character positions 4-5(two character positions starting from 4th position) indicates the LOB indicator. The file structure is something like below: 10126Apple DrinkOmaha 10231Milkshake New Jersey 103 Billabong Illinois ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
6 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)