Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hai delete the records
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hai delete the records Post 302107338 by anbu23 on Friday 16th of February 2007 06:49:00 AM
Old 02-16-2007
Code:
awk -F"," ' { 
if ( match($4,"^34" ) || match( $5 ,"^11" ) ) 
	print > "tgt_fl"
else 
	print > "tmp" 
} ' file 
mv tmp file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk delete blank records

Hello I have a file like this... Name |Sex|Security-Number abx |F |33787728 cdr |M |823483993 derf |F | i would like to use awk to delete all records from the file that has a blank in the the 3 rd feild . the output should be like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiamin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

hai

how can i delete a secondary group from a perticler user in solaris9 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete records from a file

I have a big file with "|" delimiter. I want to delete all the records that have 'abc' in the 2nd field. How can i do that? I am not abe to open it in VI that is why i need to do it from outside. Please suggest (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete records using line number(NR)

Hai I have a flat file which contains more than 6 crore lines or records. I want to delete only one line, using line number. For example I want to delete 414556 th line . How to do this using sed or awk command. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete records with the given line numbers

I have a file which has about 10000 records and I need to delete about 50 records from the file. I know line numbers and am using sed '134,1357,......d' filename > new file. It does not seem to be working. Please Advice (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to delete files with no records?

Hi, I have a file whose size is not zero but it has no records and another which has records. I want to delete all the files that have no records in it (even if size > 0). How do I do it? I have tried the below option #!/bin/ksh temp1 = $(wc -l < INVX102C.sf) if ; then echo "Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hai all, please help

i'm new at UNIX, and i;ve wonderd - can i write an alias that will show me only files from today? (not directories) ls -somthing, or some script that works with date... :) Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roei86
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete records within a file upon a condition

Hi Friends, I have the following file, cat input chr1 1000 2000 chr1 600 699 chr1 701 1000 chr1 600 1710 chr2 900 1800 Now, I would like to see the difference of Record1.Col2 - Record2.Col2 Record1.Col2 - Record2.Col3 Record1.Col3 - Record2.Col2 Record1.Col3 - Record2.Col3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the records from table

Hi, Can any one help me... the records are not deleting when I run the below script. But if I issue the same delete command manually, the records are getting deleted. script: #!/bin/ksh USAGE_STRING="USAGE $0 " if then echo "SORRY you need to be user 'mqm'. Only 'mqm' has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxcjggu708
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete records that do not belong to that day

i have a requirement to delete records that do not belong to that day. For example in a file that came on July 31st ,2018 there are records that belong to Aug 1st,2018 as well and I want to find and delete those records. I want to delete anything with 01-Aug-2018. I have several files like that. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya
6 Replies
IO::Async::PID(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       IO::Async::PID(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::PID" - event callback on exit of a child process SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::PID; use POSIX qw( WEXITSTATUS ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $kid = $loop->fork( code => sub { print "Child sleeping.. "; sleep 10; print "Child exiting "; return 20; }, ); print "Child process $kid started "; my $pid = IO::Async::PID->new( pid => $kid, on_exit => sub { my ( $self, $exitcode ) = @_; printf "Child process %d exited with status %d ", $self->pid, WEXITSTATUS($exitcode); }, ); $loop->add( $pid ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a process exits. For most use cases, a IO::Async::Process object provides more control of setting up the process, connecting filehandles to it, sending data to and receiving data from it. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_exit $exitcode Invoked when the watched process exits. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": pid => INT The process ID to watch. Must be given before the object has been added to the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. on_exit => CODE CODE reference for the "on_exit" event. Once the "on_exit" continuation has been invoked, the "IO::Async::PID" object is removed from the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. METHODS
$process_id = $pid->pid Returns the underlying process ID $pid->kill( $signal ) Sends a signal to the process AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::PID(3pm)