Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File search for pattern - script Post 302107316 by rahulrathod on Friday 16th of February 2007 03:03:30 AM
Old 02-16-2007
I guess this should work...I'm trying with passing different arguments. Let's see.

Code:
rm -f Output.txt
touch Output.txt

rm -f FinalOutput.txt
touch FinalOutput.txt

ls $1 | cut -d" " -f1 | while read line
do
   find $1 -exec grep -r  - -exclude=$1 $line {} ?; -print >> Output.txt
   b=`grep -i "$line" Output.txt`
   if [ "$b" != "" ]; then
        echo "Value is present in the file"
   else
       #echo "Value is not present in the file"
       echo $line >> FinalOutput.txt
   fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to search n place a pattern

hi, i have one file as t1.txt as below hi hello welcome i want perl script to search for the pattern "abcd" in the file. if the pattern doesn't exist, i want to insert that pattern at the end of the same file t1.txt my o/p should be hi hllo welcome abcd thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting search pattern to script argument

I have a script in tcsh and I want to have a find option to which I can pass a file search pattern I want using the command: /home/chrisd/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/bin/tcsh/raytrac.tcsh -f=*rc* The set command seems to fail when user does not supply a search pattern (if user just supplies -f, a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search for a pattern in 30 minutes from a log file

Hello All, I have to write a script which will search for diffrent patterns like "Struck" "Out of Memory" , etc from a log file in Linux box's. Now I will be executing a cron job to find out the results by executing the script once in every 30 minutes. suppose time is 14-04-29:05:31:09 So I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubhasis Mathr
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search pattern in File

Hi I want to search pattern in file "S12345678B" which start with S and end with B total length is 10,numeric part 12345678 is variable. e.g S99001229B and S88226901B. please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashfaque
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Shell Script Help for pattern search

Hi Need help for below coding scenario. I have a file with say 4 lines as below. DEFINE JOB TPT_LOAD_INTO_EMP_DET ( TDPID = @TPT_TDSERVER , USERNAME = @TPT_TDUSER ) ; ( 'DROP TABLE '||@TPT_WRKDB ||'.LOG_'||@TPT_TGT ||' ; ') , SELECT * FROM OPERATOR (FILE_READER) ; ) ; Now I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santanu2015
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
MPI_KMEANS(1)						      General Commands Manual						     MPI_KMEANS(1)

NAME
mpi_kmeans - K-Means clustering tool SYNOPSIS
mpi_kmeans [options] DESCRIPTION
mpi_kmeans is a program that uses k-means clustering to produce a list of cluster centers. The resulting data can be used by mpi_assign(1) to assign points to those cluster centers. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. Generic Options: --help Produce help message Input/Output Options: --data file Training file, one datum per line (default: "data.txt") --output file Output file, one cluster center per line (default: "output.txt") K-Means Options: --k num Number of clusters to generate (default: 100) --restarts num Number of k-means restarts (default: 0 = single run) --maxiter num Maximum number of k-means iterations (default: 0 = infinity) EXAMPLES
mpi_kmeans --k 2 --data example.txt --output clusters.txt SEE ALSO
mpi_assign(1) AUTHOR
mpi_kmeans was written by Peter Gehler <peter.gehler@tuebingen.mpg.de>. This manual page was written by Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). April 11, 2011 MPI_KMEANS(1)