Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disable telnet on Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris disable telnet on Solaris Post 302107283 by March_2007 on Thursday 15th of February 2007 08:47:49 PM
Old 02-15-2007
I used Solaris 8. I'll keep in mind.

Thanks a lots.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disable telnet timeout

Hi, Can someone help me how I can disable telnet timeout? I'm connecting remotely to some machines and after some time my telnet connection was closed. How can I disable this so that I'm always connected to those machines? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

2. Solaris

disable telnet on the startup

Hi All, I want to disable telnet on the startup of solaris 8-10 but still wants for a standby purposes. In case I need to troubleshoot ssh, I can connect thru telnet. Most solution on the internet is to permanently removed it. Best Regards, itik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH enable, Telnet disable ...

Hi... How do I enable SSH and disable telnet.. Also - is there anything special I need to do to ensure that a new user can use ssh and su but not telnet? Adel (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
15 Replies

4. Solaris

Disable telnet for a particular user

On Solaris 8 is there anyway to disable telnet for a particular user and not for entire system altogether? I would like the user to retain a shell and so creating a noshell like ftp account is not an option. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: boshyd
14 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Disable all the logs in Solaris

Hi Is there anyway to disable all logs/logging (lastlog, sulog, messages etc.) in Solaris 9&10? I know this is not recommended but i just want to know if this is possible. TIA Reddy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
8 Replies

7. AIX

Allow telnet in AIX from specific IP adds, but disable for everyone else

I need to change the security on our AIX servers and disable telnet from all but certain IP addresses. I have hashed the telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf and added filter rules for those IP adds to allow access on port 23, but this didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alps
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 disable IPv6

I've new installed Solaris 11 on Sparc T4-1. I'd like to disable IPv6 but with no luck. lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 net0: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't disable CPU in Solaris

hello all i have an issue about a solaris V440 cpu, im logged in the Ok prompt i can't disable a CPU3, i can't see it in dev list, i see only the cpu3-bank0 to cpu-bank4 please help me to disable it thank youuu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidadam
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Not able to disable finger & telnet command in Solaris 8

Hi I need to disable finger & telnet command in solaris 8 I have put the # infront of finger and telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf file. Further I have run the below command kill -1 <process id of inetd > But when I am running finger command it is till giving information for remote machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
8 Replies
Text::Context(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Text::Context(3pm)

NAME
Text::Context - Handle highlighting search result context snippets SYNOPSIS
use Text::Context; my $snippet = Text::Context->new($text, @keywords); $snippet->keywords("foo", "bar"); # In case you change your mind print $snippet->as_html; print $snippet->as_text; DESCRIPTION
Given a piece of text and some search terms, produces an object which locates the search terms in the message, extracts a reasonable-length string containing all the search terms, and optionally dumps the string out as HTML text with the search terms highlighted in bold. new Creates a new snippet object for holding and formatting context for search terms. keywords Accessor method to get/set keywords. As the context search is done case-insensitively, the keywords will be lower-cased. paras @paras = $self->paras($maxlen) Return shortened paragraphs to fit together into a snippet of at most $maxlen characters. as_text Calculates a "representative" string which contains the given search terms. If there's lots and lots of context between the terms, it's replaced with an ellipsis. as_html([ start => "<some tag>", end => "<some end tag>" ]) Markup the snippet as a HTML string using the specified delimiters or with a default set of delimiters ("<span class="quoted">"). AUTHOR
Original author: Simon Cozens Current maintainer: Tony Bowden BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-Text-Context@rt.cpan.org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002-2005 Kasei This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.10.1 2009-07-23 Text::Context(3pm)